Router problems...

QuicKsTATuz

Beta member
umm i have a Netgear WGR614 802.11g Wireless Router and im having problems installing it to my computer. i have a westell dual speed modem from bellsouth and wen i try to connect establish a wireless network it says that i have a Static(Fixed) IP then tells me to input all of the ip information in.....y does it do this with this modem but not my other? (My other is a Earthlink Modem) :confused: :( :confused: :mad:

Best thing to do is contact ya ISP and they will give ya the settings to input in ya router. The reason this is needed is coz its a router and it needs to route the connection to ya pc. Im guessing ya other modem is connected by USB or somethin

Isn't there a setup wizard for netgear, that autodetects the connection? I'm pretty sure that's how I set mine up (with bellsouth), might have changed though they're no longer my current ISP.

QuicKsTATuz said:
yea its conected by usb.......so shud i contact Bellsouth? or could i find the settings on my own?

find the ip settings on your PC that was connected directly to your modem. It will give you the information you are looking for. If it is set to automatically acquire an IP address, you have to setup your router to do the same.

Back
Top Bottom