Trivium Fans

Infin1ty1

In Runtime
Well I know there is a couple Trivium fans on these forums, so I just thought I would let you guys know that the new album is going to be released on October 10th here in the US (Some countries will be recieving it sooner).

The new album is sounding amazing, and if you want to check it out you can see it here, Entrance of the conflagration , on YouTube. They have a new sound this time around vocals wise. Instead of the intense screaming that was a major part of the last 2 albums, there is a more straight forward Metallica sounding vocal. The instrumentals are still amazing as always with every Trivium album. If you want a track by track description let me know and ill get it to you.

You can pre-order your copy of their new CD "The Crusades" and get an Autographed CD Booklet at this website..

Trivium Pre-Sale Tickets

Anyone instrested in more information just get in contact with me.

the new album does not sound amazing. Well thats just my opinion ofcourse.
But to be hones, this album just isn't worth the money.

The new album does sound Amazing ive been checking out stuff about it on myspace
www.myspace.com/trivium it sounds awesome yeah I dont think that they have screaming because of Matts vocals are like shot, I cant wait for hte new cd

Trivium Nate said:
The new album does sound Amazing ive been checking out stuff about it on myspace
www.myspace.com/trivium it sounds awesome yeah I dont think that they have screaming because of Matts vocals are like shot, I cant wait for hte new cd

See this is the confusion I face with Matt Heafy and his "new & improved vocals". It was quite obvious that recently, his vocals have been naffed due to too much untrained shouting (as seen in Ascendancy); even on tour he was singing the songs and not shouting them like before.

Heafy recently said in an interview that the reason he dropped the shouty vocals was because "the band didn't feel like it worked in the progression of their music", and thus underwent vocal training to make it sound like it is.

So which is it; are Trivium sounding like Metallica because they want to sound like a clone band (which is what Heafy's vocal training was obviously for), or because of Heafy being a naff vocalist who fried his vocal chords by overdoing it (unprofessionalism, anybody?) and because of it can't do the shouty stuff anymore?

And mammikoura was right; The Crusade is a naff album, and most fans I know that loved Ascendancy have said the same thing.

Well I do know that the reason he is not screaming anymore has nothing to do with him screwing up his vocal chords.

The reason they decided to drop the screaming is because they wanted to do something different for this album. They decided that they dident want to just put out another album that sounded just like the other 2. MKH also stated that the main reason there was screaming on the last two albums as the primary vocals was because he dident feel he could sing well enough to do an entire album of it.

Anyways you cant focus just on the vocals. The instrumentals in this album go far beyond what they have done so far. So far i've had a preview of about half the album and it is sounding absolutly amazing. The title track of the records "The Crusades" is an 8 minute instrumental that just mind blowing.

I know alot of people say they are trying to hard to sound like Metallica, but if you have ever read some of the older (and some of the newer) interviews you will see that they try to sound like Metallica. They have also stated that they dont think their at the point yet were they feel they can put out an album and a someone be like "Hey now that has to be Trivium." I really dont understand all the hostility twards them, they are just making music that they love. Who cares if it sounds like another band, the fact is their making the music, not you.

Back
Top Bottom