Shader Model 2.0 / 3.0 Shots

Yeah, DirectX 10 will bring lots to the gaming table. :D I definately can't wait.

Shader Model 4.0 will probably bring something nice also. :)

john123 said:
what game is that?
TrackMania Nations ESWC. You can get it for free at download.com It's really fun, I like making ramps just to jump off of them and watch the car fly :)

troy272 said:
TrackMania Nations ESWC. You can get it for free at download.com It's really fun, I like making ramps just to jump off of them and watch the car fly :)
yea, I had it runing on my TI 4200 and I was on Shader Model 1.0 and it looked so bad, NO DETAIL. So runing Shader model 3.0 with my X1600Pro it was diffrent, More detail and wow!

Model Shader 3.0 has more of a crystal clear view and enhanced quality as 2.0...nice!

Wow, that shot with trhat car...the grass actually...it looks like grass!!!

I have a Shader Model 3 card, but haven't noticed anything really different in the games i play.

In F.E.A.R though for example, a new form of mapping is used called Parrallax mapping, and when you shoot a bullet into the wall, instead of it being just a bump map, its a real looking hole thats very deep and realistic in size.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallax_mapping

I remember playing the Trackmania Sunrise demo before. Pretty fun playing around with it...

Back
Top Bottom