Antivirus

I'm with Troy on this one,

Nod32, in my experience, is the best antivirus out of all the ones I have tried... Which is pretty much all of them, and half on them either slowed down my computer and/or internet to a quite noticable difference. Nod32 uses low resources, has small updates, scans fast, and has great detection rates, with few false posatives, and does not slow down your computer or internet at all... What else can you ask for in an Antivirus?

Out of the free Antivirus there is AVG, Avira, or Avast. I've used AVG and Avira. Out of those two, I'd go with Avira. I used the pro/paid version on Avast, but didn't like it.

Oh yeah, one I forgot to mention... Sophos. It's not bad, but can sometmies throw up false posatives, and scan speeds are average, plus it doesn't have much in the way of configuration. And I think it's maily only used in school or office environments. However, you can download a workstation trial version from www.softpedia.com.

Toby said:
I'm with Troy on this one,

Nod32, in my experience, is the best antivirus out of all the ones I have tried... Which is pretty much all of them, and half on them either slowed down my computer and/or internet to a quite noticable difference. Nod32 uses low resources, has small updates, scans fast, and has great detection rates, with few false posatives, and does not slow down your computer or internet at all... What else can you ask for in an Antivirus?

AVG is a good free antivirus, but as mentioned above, it does not detect as well as Avira or Avast.
I agree, I like NOD32 for all those reasons. The only personal antivirus program I know of that I haven't used or tried is panda. I like NOD32 because it doesn't slow things down, you don't have to mess with dialogs and it detects very well. I've had it detect things and I didn't know about it until i checked the log and it said quarantined. I like that because I hate when virus programs pop up with "a virus has been found" and it's either unable to remove it or it's not really a virus. I tried NOD32 awhile back but didn't like it because I thought it was too confusing but it's really not, once you get used to it it's very easy to use. I'm sticking to NOD32, best AV program I've yet to use.

troy272 said:
I agree, I like NOD32 for all those reasons. The only personal antivirus program I know of that I haven't used or tried is panda. I like NOD32 because it doesn't slow things down, you don't have to mess with dialogs and it detects very well. I've had it detect things and I didn't know about it until i checked the log and it said quarantined. I like that because I hate when virus programs pop up with "a virus has been found" and it's either unable to remove it or it's not really a virus. I tried NOD32 awhile back but didn't like it because I thought it was too confusing but it's really not, once you get used to it it's very easy to use. I'm sticking to NOD32, best AV program I've yet to use.

For sure :)

Have you heard about what ESET is planning for the next release? A whole security suite... Well, Antivirus, Antispam, Firewall. (with the option to purchase each seperatly if you don't want the whole suite)... Should be sweet.

Info can be found here: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68

Back
Top Bottom