Shader Model 2.0 / 3.0 Shots

BigLu said:
honestly it's not an amazing improvement, not too impressive

That's what I thought. SM3.0 doesn't warrant it's current price tag. Not only that but SM2.0 cards can dish out more frames a lot of the time, at least when comparing apples to apples, for instance an X850XT can have equivalant frames per second as a 7800GS, althoguh the GS is SM3.0 and the X850XT is SM2.0.

My point is that it only gives better colors and shades. Nothing to "over-the-top" to warrant a really hgih priced card, eg. 7900GTX.

with one video card. The game runs Shader model 1 - 2 and 3. So you select 2 than it plays Shader model 2

X1337 said:

If you cant tell the diffrence in these screen shots, than I lost you

wholy crap, what a difference! the 2.0 is what mine looks like on max settings! I gotta get a new graphics card :) that's a fun game and I can't believe how good it CAN look compared to mine :D

It's very minute details. Don't expect something out of the ordinary. :p If you do, check out the difference between Unreal Engine 2 and Unreal Engine 3. :D

800px-Unreal_Engine_Comparison.jpg

Now THAT'S a big difference. For those of you who don't know, those are from Unreal Tournament 2001, Unreal Tournament 2004 and Unreal Tournament 2007. :)

Back
Top Bottom