To Build or Not to Build? PLEASE I NEED SOME OPINIONS

Drain You

In Runtime
Ok so this is the first computer Im building. Im 16 years old and Ive never had to mess around with the insides of computers ever, so what im trying to say is I dont know what im doing. It took me a month to finally decide on all the parts, and even longer to save up for them. I went with AMD 3800+ x2, Rosewill 550watt PSU, 2x512gb Corsair Ram, Geforce 7600gt Video Card, Xoxide Tank Case, Lightscribe Cd/dvd drive and Asus Sli mobo.

Well Today everything is finally here. Originally my uncle was going to help me build it, but I just talk to hom today and he cant help me this work or next. SO im stuck here with all these parts and no computer. Should I try and build it on my own? I was kinda thinking no but if you guys dont think its that hard and have some helpfull sites so I know what the hell im doing I might just go for it.

heres a great website for building a computer.

have a read at it and see if could understand it and then decide if u want to build it or not.

Drain You said:
Ok so this is the first computer Im building. Im 16 years old and Ive never had to mess around with the insides of computers ever, so what im trying to say is I dont know what im doing. It took me a month to finally decide on all the parts, and even longer to save up for them. I went with AMD 3800+ x2, Rosewill 550watt PSU, 2x512gb Corsair Ram, Geforce 7600gt Video Card, Xoxide Tank Case, Lightscribe Cd/dvd drive and Asus Sli mobo.

Well Today everything is finally here. Originally my uncle was going to help me build it, but I just talk to hom today and he cant help me this work or next. SO im stuck here with all these parts and no computer. Should I try and build it on my own? I was kinda thinking no but if you guys dont think its that hard and have some helpfull sites so I know what the hell im doing I might just go for it.
ok. building a computer is almost a joke its so easy :p

I've been building since I was 12. Very easy.
Read the article posted above. It really helps

Good selection on hardware too
Gonna be a sweet system :D ;)

Well to be honest I wouldn't build one without any help if I hadn't ever had any experience with computer hardware before. But it's pretty simple, and the mobo manual has quite nice and simple instructions. (well atleast they did the last time I bothered to read the manual)

Just remember that when inserting the parts u don't usually have to use much force. Some exeptions are the ram and then some cables. Make sure that u place the cpu in the right way, and make sure that u get a nice layer of thermal paste (not too much, but enough to make the contact area between the cpu and hs as big as possible) and secure the hs as tightly as u can.
Also remember to put those little thingys (no idea what they are called, kinda like a screw onto which u can attach another screw, should come with the mobo) under the mobo.

Well, i for the first time built a computer last month, and i was afraid as you are, that i was going to plug this or that into the wrong thing lol.....i don't have a huge amount of pc knowledge, but i seemed to build it like a breeze, i just took my time and did it very slow, now ive rebuilt a couple of pc's and its really not as hard as some people make out...so as long as you read that site and take your time, i think you will go fine :)

good luck!

Matt

AMD RULES said:
ok. building a computer is almost a joke its so easy :p

I've been building since I was 12. Very easy.
Read the article posted above. It really helps

Good selection on hardware too
Gonna be a sweet system :D ;)

For you it's easy, but it's his first time, so uno lol..

It's hard to explain it online mate, maybe best taking it to a shop, asking them to do it, or, read up on some websites, and get someone with you who really knows what they are doing.

OK I started out and now ive stopped cuase im freaking out about how tight the CPU heatsink is on, I followed the directions from the motherboard manuel and did exactly like it said. Can someone either assure me or tell me I fucked up? Is it supposed to be so snug , I dont think I could get it off if I tried now...

faith4 said:
heres a great website for building a computer.

have a read at it and see if could understand it and then decide if u want to build it or not.

Heeey.... that's the site I usually recommend... stealer! jk jk... yeah, it's a great site. Worthy of reading and following for that matter... corsair knows what they're doing...

Do you guys know where i can find a case like an amplifier. I want to build a computer like a amplifier with windows media install. Thanks

When I was 14 (Just turned 15 about 2 weeks ago) I built a new PC for the first time but I've been taking them apart and putting them together and upgrading parts since I can remember. See my sig for my specs :)

Back
Top Bottom