Rate my new Media Centre PC I built :)

geon106 said:
So basically you mean by buying 2 cards, instead of 1, i can have 1 for watching and 1 for recording? hmm. Thats certainly put it into a different perspective lol. I'm gonna consider that. Thanks :)

Basically, yeah :) So you could be recording BBC1 while watching Sky News.

Watch out for some cards though - some say they allow this, but actually only allow you to record things on the same broadcast, e.g. watching BBC1 while recording BBC2 :)

Celerons and Semprons are best for office work, school computers, stuff like that. They pack in the speeds, but the FSB, and Cache, are not the best.

Seeing as you built it recently, a 3700+ might have been a better option - you could probably pick one up for $100, and it would kick ass :D

prosser13 said:
Seeing as you built it recently, a 3700+ might have been a better option - you could probably pick one up for $100, and it would kick ass :D

i didn't build it recently, i built it about 2 years ago nearly i guess. But i've only recently used it for a MCPC and have added the TV Tuner(which i've had for like, 6 years and needs replacing)/IR adapter and added Media Portal and a few similar programs.

Back
Top Bottom