Richard Hammond

Extremely tragic news. I love Top Gear, and the best thing about it is that all 3 presenters bring their own persona and style to the show. If something were to happen to deny Richard Hammond from continuing to present the show, I'd probably stop watching; they'd never be able to find another presenter as good and as quirky as him.

According to the news on the radio he's suffered significant brain damage...

:(

Richard Hammond is famous for...
Being a top gear presenter.
Being a brainiac presenter
and co-authering books for kids science in order to get them interested in physics...

hope he gets a lot better...

Yeah, but hopefully, its brain damage that can be restored, and not sufficent brain damage in the fact, he won't do anything ever again.

I'd rather see him dead then a vegie.

I have this view, if I ever become a vegie kill me. Unless the doctors say theres a good change i'd recover enough to live a normal life.

Nik00117 said:
Theres two guys on top gear, oen older guy and him, hes the younger guy.

3 guys actually, cant remember the other ones name tho. Hope he pulls thru, apparantly he hit 300.3mph according to radio 1 earlier.

Gah I really hope he gets better, what is this year just going kill off the super TV stars?

Raffaz said:
3 guys actually, cant remember the other ones name tho. Hope he pulls thru, apparantly he hit 300.3mph according to radio 1 earlier.

Yeah, James May. Pretty much the guy you could imagine being a stereotypical Englishman sipping on tea and driving around in elegant classic cars for the whole of his life. Top bloke though.

Nik00117 said:
Theres two guys on top gear, oen older guy and him, hes the younger guy.
No,there's three guys; Jeremy Clarkson 38, Richard, 36, [older than I thought] & James May, about 30, plus "The Stig", he's never named, wears red racing gear & red helmet with a dark visor, so. yes. five in all, I like it when they invite celebrities to drive round the track & try to beat previous celebs times, they've had David Bowie, amongst many others, great show!

STOP PRESS; Richard is showing small signs of improvement, but they are worried about some swelling at the base of his brain, near the spinal cord :(

They'll hopefully be able to sort that out now they know about it? :(

Back
Top Bottom