Richard Hammond

Kage

Golden Master
If no one knows, Richard Hammond most famously known for Top Gear and some shows on Sky was involved in a car crash yesterday.

Not a standard car either, but a 250MPH speed test in a rocket powered car, for the latest series of Top Gear.
Obviously he was wearing a helmet, but it has no roof.

As the target was reached, the parachute shot out to slow it down, yet, soon after, the car jolted off the runway and flipped.

He got rushed to hospital via an air ambulance last night, and was considered to be in a very very serious condition.

Though this morning, he is at least stable :)

He can't die on us!!! I wish him well.

http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/1112/

I was totally totally shocked, & if a forum hadn't been started, [thanks mate] I would have done so. I am a total addict of Top Gear, this morning they showed the car after the accident for the first time, a tarp was put over it, there were some furrows in the grass, it had flipped over several times, some reports said that he'd beaten the British land speed record [282 mph?] & was on the return run when it happened, I've always liked the guy, who didn't? my thoughts are with him & his family, as I expect thousands are, is he known in America guys?

Yeah, i hope he makes it.

I'm a great fan of Top Gear too, and is where I know Richard Hammond from. I just can't believe it myself.

Yeah, he did beat it I believe. It was on his third and final run that the flip occured :(

I didn't see the news this morning to see the result, but I know it couldn't have been good...

Woah, that is insane. I never actually seen the show Top Gear but we just started getting Brainiac here in the states probably around a year ago. My best wishes go with him.

Nik00117 said:
I thought he was the old guy! Wow I hope he gets better he is cool!
Huh, old?, nah, he's young, married with lovely pair of kids, makes it even worse, 'spect you mean Jeremy Clarkson, who presents the programme, he's only in his thirties.

Huh, old?, nah, he's young, married with lovely pair of kids, makes it even worse, 'spect you mean Jeremy Clarkson, who presents the programme, he's only in his thirties.

Theres two guys on top gear, oen older guy and him, hes the younger guy.

Back
Top Bottom