different drive destination

proanti1

Beta member
ok, i baught a 300 gig drive because i needed more space, i installed it, but i keep having to change the path from the c: drive to the g: drive (its letter). its getting anoying, plus half the stuff i download and install dosnt give me the option to change the path.

what would happen if i just swapped the drive letters around? isnt c: the boot drive or something and cant be changed?

help me please! this is getting so agravating...

thanks, mike

Why not ghost ya OS etc to ya new 300gb drive, that way ya wouldnt need to change letters, which ya couldnt do anyway. Ya could use ya old HDD for backups etc.

Mick

that's what i would do too, and make sure your new hhd's jumpers on the back are set to master / and your other hhd jumper set to slave.

how do i ghost it or whatever? ok, here is what i have. the 300g drive is partitioned so there is 6 gigs for windows, and the rest for storage... then there is another 60g drive. is it possible to remove the partition so its all just the same space?

You only need to ghost ya drive if ya want to keep the current copy of ya OS thats on ya small HDD, If ya happy to do a clean install then there is no need to ghost. Otherwise ya need an imaging program such as norton ghost or acronis true image, there maybe free software aswell but i haven't used them before. If ya wanna remove the partition then ya can use FDISK on a start up floppy or ya XP cd if ya have one, not sure what OS ya currently running. Alternatively if ya wanna buy some partitioning software then partition magic will do the job, there are probably free software for this aswell tho.

Back
Top Bottom