Which monitor is best for gaming?

should i ignore what this guy posted about it?

Gamers Beware

Pros: - Clarity is great.
- Very light weight
- Wonderful with graphical work

Cons: - Horrible in game play. BF:2 is hardly runable due to the refresh rate at any res.
- Tried it on several games. Gun, WoW, Guildwars and AoE:3. All the same results, choppy due to refresh rate.
- No Swival to base (as stated before).

Other Thoughts: I'm not sure what level of game play Ed is use to but playing games on this thing is not an option for someone that is use to running things at high levels and having no issues with latency due to graphics or refresh rate. 60Hz Refresh rate? Battlefield:2 is choppy due this screen. Horrible. Would have never even ordered it. Took someone elses review of it to be good. If you're a gamer stay clear of this screen. My Computer: Asus A8N Deluxe, 2Gig Corsair RAM, BFG Dual 7800 GT OC SLI, AMD FX-57. If newegg won't take it back it became a $1000 paper weight for me.

To be honest, people are always getting different results. It's hard to tell. I've almost never had problems like that. btw... what are you specs anyway?

Very nice. Yeah, you're not running sli, so you should be fine. I really think that guy is just a minor exception. Technology has its flaws. Besides, if you did happen to get a doa or something like it, newegg has a good rma process. But yeah, the cheaper, the same quality, same specs, etc. Go for it.

Huh? I think you mean is running sli bad. No, of course not. I think he either had some issue with cables or what not, or his setup was a little off. It's usually not the monitor, but the other way around. Sli is great... I have that... woo! It's hamazing with an h.

Back
Top Bottom