Lqqk

No I wasn't being sarcastic. Geometry is easy. Learn to do proofs, learn a few properties, wa-la. Advanced Algebra for me is going slow as hell right now, it's a repeat of Algebra 1 a few years ago :eek:

Yeah, geometry is easy, but my teacher is going so slow, I guess she's making sure we understand...but still. It's kinda funny, we had a test completely on basic proofs, and I think there were 3 or 4 A's, ~8 B's, a few C's, but a good portion were F's. Lol, I didn't think it was that hard, got a 98 because she didn't understand/know what I substituted, it was a messy proof... :p I didn't bother explaining it to her, it really wasn't worth 2 points.

A few days ago, she showed us how much she didn't know the material, I think. We had learned at the beginning of the book a postulate that stated something like "If two lines intersect, then exactly one plane contains the lines." Last Friday, we were learning about perpendicular lines. :rolleyes: Anyways, on her projector thing she's got, she had an "always, sometimes, or never" question. It said, "Two lines that are perpendicular _______ lie in the same plane." Now if I'm right, perpendicular lines MUST intersect, right? It can't be like a 3D representation where one line is really behind another, but it appears to intersect, right? Regardless, her answer was "sometimes," and her explanation was so ridiculous as to why. Something like, "Well, if I had one line running up the wall right here, and one line on the ceiling intersecting it at a 90* angle, then they would intersect in 2 different planes: the wall and the ceiling." :rolleyes: :D . I liked my Algebra 1 teacher better; she knew what she was talking about, though I did teach her a couple things ;) . Not like she should know them, it was stuff beyond what she has to teach, she only teaches up to Algebra 1.

Sorry, got carried away there with my story. I have a few more from my Algebra 1 year, but they're not any more interesting than that really.

EDIT: LAWL, just realized all that I typed. ^^^Definition of nerd :-D

in my math we're learning something i forgot what the hell its called but its ridiculously easy.

(f o g)(5)

then you get an equation like this

f(x)=5x-6
g(x)=x2

all you do is plug in the number for which is the inner most one.

Ronco Rox said:
in my math we're learning something i forgot what the hell its called but its ridiculously easy.

(f o g)(5)

then you get an equation like this

f(x)=5x-6
g(x)=x2

all you do is plug in the number for which is the inner most one.

oh god, im starting to get scared lol. i remember learnig that last year in algebra but i dont remember any of it! im screwed in geometry lol.....

cileskot said:
oh god, im starting to get scared lol. i remember learnig that last year in algebra but i dont remember any of it! im screwed in geometry lol.....
That stuff looks hard, but it's really not. I actually like doing math, especially algebra kind of stuff :)

cileskot said:

come on that stuff is pretty easy.
This is something I did for homework yesterday:
(poor translation since my book ain't in english)
These 2 vectors originating from the same point make the 2 sides of a triangle, 3i-4j-2k and i-9j+5k. Prove that the triangle has a right angle.

And that wasn't so hard, took alot of time for me to do, and I had to look in the book for a little help. But it's rewarding to get something like that done. And I also know that something like this is probably pretty basic for some of u guys, but just felt like letting the young guys know whats coming. (atleast I think that u have this kinda maths coming) :p

Back
Top Bottom