Lqqk

G35x

Golden Master
Isolating Y

2x+y=6

For this wouldnt the awnser be..Y= -2x+6 ?

And

2x-5y=10

I know how to do it, you just subtract the x's from eeach side, but somehow I think Im making a mistake, ro something...Mind showing me how to do it, please explain, as I dont want to just have thw awnser..ANd no thats not the hw, after that I have to say what its parallel to..Anyhow thanks..Confused :confused:

your first answer is correct...another example if u dont mind reading is for example put a 2 in front of the y making it....2x + 2y = 6....after you get the 2y = -2x + 6 to then divide everything by 2 (from the y)...then making it y = -x +3

the 2nd question would be...

-5y = -2x +10 just like the above answer you then want to divide everything by -5 from the y (don't forget the "-" on the 5)....you will then get y = 2/5x -2 (the 2 negatives on the x will cancel them self out making it a positive.) i really hope that helps. Hard stuff to get, but once you do its extremely easy. Make sure to pay attention, you will be using this throughout HS and college.

ok, this is how you set it up:

2x - 5y = 10

since the 2x is positive, you subtract the 2x and put a negetive 2x on the other side, like this:

2x -5y = 10
-2x -2x

-5y = 10 - 2x

now, sense the y is negetive, you want to make it positive, and by doign this you have to make all the other negetives be positive and all the positives be negetive, so it would look like this:

5y = -10 + 2x

then you divide every term by 5, like this:

y = -5 + 2/5x

or, to make it look more neat, you could switch the order of the -10 and 2y to make it say 2y - 10, liek this:

5y = 2/5x - 5.

i hope this helped.

you had the first one right btw.

MarxSoccer said:
Math is great.
Either that's sarcasm, or you're just about as weird as I am! (Don't take that offensively...)

I'm in geom too, it really sucks so far...it's not hard, but it's been the biggest waste of my time of anything in my life. I can't wait for Algebra 2, and ultimately, Calculus... ♥♥♥ lawl... I'm really ready to get back to Algebraic math; Geometry is teh suck.

Maths is great when you understand it, and can get places with it.

It's only rubbish if you can't understand anything, and get stuck on simple problems. It just takes time, and practice.

i may sound like a really big nerd when i say this, but once you know how to solve big long algebreic forulas, its actaully really fun. idk, i guess its just something that you can keep focused on, so i never gets boring. its fun to get some really long forumla shrunken down into a really small equation. it just kind of amazes you that you were able to do it.

There's a few simple rules you need to remember, but once you know them they're easy.

Back
Top Bottom