What do I do?

BondJamesBond

Solid State Member
I bought a new computer except for external stuff, like keyboard/speakers ect. My hardrive is also old. Now I checked everything more than once, but when I start up my computer the mother board light is green. But my screen stays blank, and the monitor light is orange(standby) I've tried two monitor, I dunno if it matters but they're old and have to use the converter. I have:

7900 Evga Geforce
Asus M2N-E AM2 socket
1X2 Gig Dual Channels OGZ 240 Pin
3800+ AMD AM2 socket

Try using a different converter thingy
or
Is your video card plugged into the slot all of the way?
Did you check to see if their are any lose wires?

Trivium Nate said:
Try using a different converter thingy
or
Is your video card plugged into the slot all of the way?
Did you check to see if their are any lose wires?

No loose wires, and yes it's in all the way, grounded myself also. Tried both converters that came with my card. I had this problem before too, never was able to fix it.

hmm ok try a good working moniter or like try a new converter and is the moniter turned on? I know that on my mums desktop moniter when their is an orange light on it it means its on standy by and all i have to do is move the mouse

I don't have any newer monitors, may sound dumb, but can you rent them? I don't want to buy a new monitor and that not be the problem.

It's impossible for it to be in standby when your booting up..have you tried both outputs on the video card?

If you shut it off and it says no signal, that must be its giving a signal... just a really blank one.
You may be able to rent one from some sorta store where you rent furniture from (Like for showcase houses)

Back
Top Bottom