requesting some super pi results...

Rubber314Chicken

Golden Master
could some people with the following processcors (seebelow) (and 1 gig ram and onboard sound) please run superpi 8m, while playing a cd, and browsing the web, and post results (including comp slowdowns, superpi results, and cd skipping, and system specs)

intel pentium 4 3.0 gHz, 800mHz fsb
amd athlon 64, running at 2 gHz, or there abouts
amd amthlon 64 X2, running at 2gHz, or there about

thanks,
Alex

i tek u want to know which is the best multitasker then?? its probs gonna be the athlon 64 x2, due to its 2 cores. if i had one of those speced machines i sure wud do that for u!!

I'm sure some1 round here can sort u out

I'll downclock my 4000+ to 2GHz for you if that's acceptable, if you can wait until Monday or so. If someone beats me to it, whatever... I'm replacing a blown power supply in my computer. It should be arriving on Monday, unless FedEx delivers on Saturdays, then it may come Saturday. Again, I'm not reserving this, someone can get the results sooner than me and I'm fine with it :p .

Do you want me to run my 1GB at it's rated speeds too? 2.5-3-3-6 2T @200MHz is what I think it's rated at (for AMD platforms); I run it at 2-3-3-6 1T @ ~214ish MHz. And I also have onboard sound. I'd be happy to do a test for you as soon as possible if you can wait a few days.

thanks for being able to do the clocking diff with the processcor, that will help, and no, the mem is fine, I'm just trying to help build my understanding of the abilites of those 3 processcors, and find the one that is best for me.

and the wait is no problem.

I'll do it with a 3.0Ghz P4. Though I do have 2gb of ram, but should still get u in the right direction. And the amount of ram isn't that important in SuperPi.

edit: 9m 31.301s

Alright, I got my computer working !! Anyway, I'm about to downclock my processor now...it's at 2.8 right now. I'll edit with results.

edit: Ok, at 2000MHz, I got a SuperPi 8M time of 9m 46.593s. My system specs are in my sig. And there was 0 CD skipping, but when I tried to open AIM, it took a while. But what can you expect, with a CPU load of 100%? But don't worry about that affecting the time of the SuperPi; the times were pretty much just ~26 seconds between each loop, pretty evenly distributed. The worst time from loop to another loop was 38 seconds, and that was before I even opened AIM.

Hope this helps you with your testing.

edit2: I think 2GB of RAM would help a little; I got 1 second better in the 1M test a while back with 3GB in. Not entirely sure, but just stating.

Back
Top Bottom