Need Help With Choice About Processer

harry569

Solid State Member
Hi there

I am going to buy a new processer for my pc, which I use mosty frequently for gaming.

However I'm not sure what the best processer for A: my system and B: Gaming.

My Budget is max £400 but I don't really want to spend all that if you know what I mean (maybe mroe like £200/250).

Here are me pc specs

Amd Athlon 64 3500 + (2.2ghz)

Nvidia Geforce 7800GT 256MB

2048 DDR2 Ram (No Idea What Brand)

250 GB Hard Drive

(Not exactly sure what motherboard it is but heres the info on it)

Name : Base Board
Manufacturer :
Product Name : NF-CK804
Version :
SerialNumber : WXXI5XX01XX9

If you think I would be better upgrading something else then please tell me.

Thanks in advance,

Harry

to be honest I don't think u need to upgrade anything.
Since it's socket am2 u ofcourse need an am2 processor. Try to find the specs of ur mobo to find out if it supports dual cores. (not sure if all am2 mobos do)
A handy program for finding out which hardware u have is cpu-z. (just google for it)

Or then u could get a new mobo and an intel core 2 duo e6400.

mmm, ABIT AN8 a great board? Last i heard their best board was the IC7-MAX or the NF7 series. If you havent already heard, after those boards, ABIT went into a financial crisis and made very crappy boards. But now they are back with the AW9D-MAX. ANd if you want to upgrade, get a core 2 duo.

Well if you just want to get have better gaming and multimedia, just upgrade to an AM2 processor now. It would be more cost effective than buying a new mobo/ram/processor with a Conroe build. If you're in it for the long haul, consider a Conroe rig.

just upgrade to an AM2 processor
ya thats wat u should do, since ur mobo supports amd x2.
but it doesnt look like it supports am2, just socket 939. if this mobo is urs.
thats only if ur going on upgrading just the cpu.
if ur upgrading other parts, get C2D.

are u sure that the ram u are using is ddr2? Since cpu-z says that the cpu is s939 and I don't think there ever was a s939 mobo with ddr2 support. So it's probably just normal ddr.

Back
Top Bottom