More Ram For Vista

JuniperG

Baseband Member
I run Windows XP Professional with 4GB Corsair RAM and generally speaking, I have some problems with it.
From what I learned and heard through the grapevine is Windows XP I guess, is set to only like 2GB
Anyone know good steps for getting 3+GB to work well with XP?
Also, anyone know what VISTA changes in this department? :cool:

shit, my mom's computer is a 333mhz with 384mb of ram and it runs xp just fine.
Vista has a min of 512 i believe and 1gb recommended, someone correct me if i'm wrong but thats what i heard. if your running 2gb a ram and having a prob with xp something is goofy with your comp.

2GB is more than enough for XP, nevermind 4GB. I think Vista has a max of 8GB. If XP is slow or anything..it could be within the OS itself, not hardware.

well as he already said himself, the problems are probably because XP isn't ment to be using 4gb of ram. Don't know if there is anything u can do exept remove the ram sticks, though I don't know if u would want to do that.

What kind of problems are u getting?

I know a few people who use 4gb for XP, and they have no trouble..

My suggestion if you have that much memory do away with your pagefile and force everything to run in RAM as it's MUCH faster than disk, XP should run fine with 4GB. Run memtest http://www.memtest86.com/ see what you come up with, maybe you have a stick going bad

I know a few people running XP with 4GB RAM, it's a nice experience lol..they are having no problems.

Back
Top Bottom