can the pc run 24/7/365

MrRabbit

BSOD
well i see a post from some1 on a buying site, and they said "i leave my pc on for 24/7/365"
and is it possible to keep the pc running for 24 hours/week/365 ?
if it possible, wouldnt the cpu and computer parts get really hot?

no a computer can stay on for that, servers do and no the hardware will not overheat aslong as the cooling is kept under tabs ie not fill up wiv dust!!!

but yes the servers i work wiv are on constantly and are only ever restated if theres a problem , n there always is thats y on average there not on for longer than 2 months!!

im sure it wouldnt get too hot if you have adequate cooling. i have mine on for months at a time, and i enevr even notice any performance differences after ikts on for that long.

Yeah, windows is designed where you can leave it on for however long you want with no problem. The system will get bogged down because by rebooting you clear up all the crap you build up, but yes, with sufficent cooling and a decent ups, you can run your computer for a long, long time.

If I was going to have my pc on that long though I'd have the power settings set to turn off the monitor after like 15 mins and the harddrives shut down after like 30 mins or whatever, just so those parts don't wear out.

Well, if you eave it on, the bill rises, yes, but also, it may annoy you during sleep time if it's loud.

Turning it off and on like an average user will eventually kill the PSU, but that will take ages. Heck, a Pentium 1, no...My friend's 286 was being used like it. whenI picked it up...it was still working. IMO, it's best fit.

Back
Top Bottom