pretty cool

Ronco Rox

Fully Optimized
well over the summer my school had bought new computers. there dells and yes i know most of you hate them :D

but these you will like. they are running Pentium Celeron D's with a nVidia 7300 LE graphics card. i'm not sure about the ram but they are probably a gig because everything runs so smooth on them.

anyways, me and my friends wanted to do a LAN of CS:S on them but the problem is that the user's drive is about 100 Mbs so nothing will fit on there.

so instead of installing it everytime and wasting perfect gaming time i installed the entire game on my 20 gig iRiver (mp3 player). basically i'm using my mp3 player as an external hard drive the cool thing is that i can still listen to my music while doing this.

i'm thinking about installing BF2, BF Desert Combat, maybe FarCry and some other games.

i happy my school got rid of the old IBMs with P III's and windows 98 on them :)

Ugh my school has IBM's, and we pay far more than anyone else does for them. I've had a look at the prices and we pay $1500 for a P4 3.0GHZ System with 512 meg of ram, intergrated sound, intergrated nic, intergrated graphics, 80GB SATA drive and a DVD reader.

Also i've tried running gmaes from seperate drives, but alot of the time the games won't run because required files are not in the right places...

My school has HP computers with 800MHz processors and 256 MB of RAM.

Those are the NEW computers that they just bought early last year. Heh. They call those new, better than the 300~ MHz with 64 MB of RAM we had before.

Running Windows 2000 Professional now instead of Windows 98 SE.

well if you wanted to play a lan game with a bunch of people, keep in mind all your friends would need external drives or mp3 players too. how would you even manage to play a video game for more than 5 minutes without a teacher catchijng you anyways?

Well u could try askin you administrators/technicians if there willing to organize special sessions after school were u can use the machines to do a gaming event, and also he could make a user (ours was called game) which has improved access rights and a larger disk quota for their home folder, mind u they can just install the game onto each machine for u and it will stay there but only the game account can access them thats wot they did at our school! U will need a license for each machine but to gte round that u just get the school to puit the money up front and then the lan'ers pay like £1/$1 per session!!!

alot of schools do it, at the school were i work we'd like 2 do it but the machines simply arent powerful enuff, still that dunt stop me n my fellow techy's shootin a few terrorists in the head on our breaks with our beast machines lol :p

cileskot said:
well if you wanted to play a lan game with a bunch of people, keep in mind all your friends would need external drives or mp3 players too. how would you even manage to play a video game for more than 5 minutes without a teacher catchijng you anyways?

Network file server :) Share one of the drives.

cileskot said:

well thats there problem lol

when i wait ill play against bots and there planning on buying a 2 gig flash drive.

and my teacher doesn't care. me and my friends are good friends with my C++ teacher so he actually encourages us to play lmao.

Ronco Rox said:
well thats there problem lol

when i wait ill play against bots and there planning on buying a 2 gig flash drive.

and my teacher doesn't care. me and my friends are good friends with my C++ teacher so he actually encourages us to play lmao.

haha i wish my computer class teacher was cool like that. i got a detention the other day for being on cf in my cadd class lol

ardy89 said:
Well u could try askin you administrators/technicians if there willing to organize special sessions after school were u can use the machines to do a gaming event, and also he could make a user (ours was called game) which has improved access rights and a larger disk quota for their home folder, mind u they can just install the game onto each machine for u and it will stay there but only the game account can access them thats wot they did at our school! U will need a license for each machine but to gte round that u just get the school to puit the money up front and then the lan'ers pay like £1/$1 per session!!!

alot of schools do it, at the school were i work we'd like 2 do it but the machines simply arent powerful enuff, still that dunt stop me n my fellow techy's shootin a few terrorists in the head on our breaks with our beast machines lol :p
dont forget wot i posted lol???? its quite a gud idea but if u wanna do ir seriously and on a large scale its the best solution!

Back
Top Bottom