good idle processor temp

mtotho

In Runtime
i had a bundle load of fans blowing, and my cpu( conroe core 2 duo e6600) not overlclocked was idle at 31 celcius, and the sound was hurting my ears, so do u think it was worth the sacrifice for the sound to go up to 34-35 ceclius idle, will this affect much? thanks

also im using speed fan, i dont know how trustworthy it is because it is saying one of the temps (temp3) is 119degrees celcius, which is ridiculus cause i dont think it would still be running. and my cpu is more like 35-36c

Those idle temperatures are fine. My CPU idles around 36 Celsius and hits 52 Celsius under load. A bit high, but nothing it can't handle.

Speedfan is very trustworthy, I use it as well. That's just one temperature sensor that isn't activated in your motherboard and produces a bogus measure.

Its hard to tell how completely acurate ur readings are unless u have a probe on ur cpu my watercooling reports the cpu temp at around 2-3 degrees higher than everest ultimate edition! thats another gud program to have!

CoreTemp takes the temperature from the hottest part of the die. The temps that some programs give you are from the surface probes. It depends on your ambient temperatures too.

Back
Top Bottom