Laptop Battery First Charge

G9

Daemon Poster
When first charging a laptop's battery, would you first let it sit and charge like any other electronic? It isn't stated in the quickstart.

Hmmm well in my job i set up many new laptops and we dont take anything into consideration we simply plug the power in set the laptop up (install software) and then switch off the machine when its finished. You can use it whilst its doing its first charge it wont effect it at all!

ardy89 said:
Hmmm well in my job i set up many new laptops and we dont take anything into consideration we simply plug the power in set the laptop up (install software) and then switch off the machine when its finished. You can use it whilst its doing its first charge it wont effect it at all!

So it's not like an ipod, pda, or cellphone where it requires several hours of charging before first usage,

nope, dont worry about it if u want to u can turn it on with the power plugged in and let it charge whilst doin something and to be extra sure let the battery fully charge before removing the power/turning off!! jus 2 be sure ur getting full potential from battery

no it doesnt need to on the first time but if u can do jus 2 mek SURE u dont damage the battery!! our laptops work perfectly and they jus get charged wenever!!

that u dont have 2 let it just sit and charge that was ur original question yes?? u can use the laptop whilst its chargingif thats wot ur asking!!!

I see... but I should wait until it's fully charged before turning off if I decide to use it out of the box, or I can just let it sit and charge, right?

Back
Top Bottom