New bulbs and pics

They do look good for Halogen lighting. They're pretty expensive and I may upgrade them when my stock ones burn out. I have those ugly faded yellowish color lighting that you see on most cars these days. Is the Borla a complete cat-back system or is it just the muffler? TRD is most likely axle-back or just a sport muffler. Here's what I would do. Check for complete cat-back systems for Borla or even Magnaflow.

I highly recommend FLowmasters, but they specialize mainly in race mufflers. However, go to a custom muffler shop and have them install 2.25" piping with a glass pack all the way from the back of the cat. convertor and on back to where the 2.25" inlet of the FLowmaster goes. Then add a tip to that and you're all set with a badass exhaust system. Probably cost less to do that than a complete exhaust system from Borla and sounds very nice with the glass pack.

Yeah that sounds pretty good. The reason I went with Borla is cause I got my whole catback system for $350 shipped brand new and it's all T-304 stainless. You could get the Borla cheaper than $550 I bet but it would still be more expensive than TRD probably. You can also save money by installing it yourself, it will not void your warranty according to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (states that warranty service cannot be denied unless the affected part is directly related to an aftermarket part). 5hp is probably a very generous rating IMO, they will always tell you something gives you more power than it really does. With a full catback + headers or high flow cat you will make some decent gains with other bolt-ons. Make sure you have a good plan on modding your car if you're in this for the long run, it will come in handy. If you're looking for pure gains, all mandrel-bent piping is the way to go. But what am I saying, your car stomps mine anyway so it's not like you'll need it.

Ah, yes, CA... Lucky you.
Yeah, I don't even think you can do an aftermarket high-flow cat there, can you?

Here in AL they don't give a crap, everyone and their mother has gutted/deleted cats on their huge trucks. I choose to keep mine legal though.

I have to admit, the TRD exhaust I have sounds pretty good. It's not loud like most other exhaust systems. It's pretty quiet once it gets hot. It doesn't have the exact same sound as the 350Zs, but the same concept. It's quiet when idle, but the tone gets deeper the harder you accelerate.

Magnaflow have high flow cats aftermarket that are ODBII approved and I believe they are CARB approved too.

http://www.car-sound.com/02product/universal/410.asp

Damn, this is expensive for the Magnaflow catback:

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=Sport&id=1002

Forget it. GO custom.

Back
Top Bottom