Christmas Came Early Today! WOO!!!

They are easy as god all mighty to build...

I have been considering tossing my 320 into a external case, for better air flow, but if I do get a extra HD I am just going make it external its like 15 bucks plus w/e the HD costs.

MikeReiner said:
I want an external USB 2.0 drive.. maybe 350 gigs.. just plain data storage.

Not hard. Buy a decent external enclosure for about $15-$30. All should have USB, some have FireWire, and a few have eSATA. You can easily buy a cheap hard drive, plug it in, put it together and done!

If you want a portable external HDD, you can even buy a cheap notebook hard drive, a cheap enclosure and etc. :)

The only reason why I bought my Western Digital 200GB external hard drive was because it was on sale for about $80-$90. :D If it wasn't, I would just made my own.

alvino said:
Not hard. Buy a decent external enclosure for about $15-$30. All should have USB, some have FireWire, and a few have eSATA. You can easily buy a cheap hard drive, plug it in, put it together and done!

If you want a portable external HDD, you can even buy a cheap notebook hard drive, a cheap enclosure and etc. :)

The only reason why I bought my Western Digital 200GB external hard drive was because it was on sale for about $80-$90. :D If it wasn't, I would just made my own.
Good idea. Can you find some enclosures? NVM, i found some :p i'm a big boy now!

Search around. Read some articles. X-bit Labs periodically does reviews for external enclosures, and they list where they purchased them from, so you can gain some knowledge to which ones are good and know where to buy them! :D

Yeah, bit of overkill there dude...

Although, I guess it is still possible to use all that space,

But you'd a hell of a lot of videos/music/movies/photos to fill them.

i got a 80 gig its partitiond(1 side for movies 1 side for everything else)im constantly running out of room damn hard drive cant wait to get that 1 terabyte drive 10000rpm too

Internal Desktop :320GB
External 1: 160GB
External 2: 80GB
Notebook: 60GB

Filled up both externals...
Desktop like 10% full
Laptop just reformatted... 2% full lol

= ~60,000 Songs... my boss gave me his entired CD collection lol

plus other stuff

Back
Top Bottom