Help?

Dogged_Puppy

Baseband Member
Help Please!

I bought a new graphics card (Radeon X1300 256mb) (link) graphics card

it can support any game on high graphics but it most of the time is slightly delayed reaction or bad fps(online or offline)! I have ATI's latest Catalyst Drivers (6.8). Could someone diagnose my problem? Thanks.

Basic PC Specs:
CPU: P4 1.7
Graphics: 256mb
RAM: 768MB (PC 133)
Internet: Cable
Monitor: CRT 18" (Gateway)
Games I play: Halo: Combat Evolved, Battlefield 2, 1942, Vietnam, Caesar IV Demo.. ETC

it could be just a heat issue in the case, how well vented is your case ? i would go through the services list and eliminate the ones you don't need. you can put in the name of the service that's running and it will tell you if it's safe or not to turn off.

http://www.fileresearchcenter.com/

Well its because your graphics card isnt so good. Im afraid if you want good FPS you gotta lower the resolution that you play at or lower some settings. Thats what you get with a bad card :(

i could be wrong but maybe its because you dont have alot of memory, to be running high settings with that much. Im not sure

i don't think it's my card i really think if i had 1.5 gigs of ram that would fix most of the problem

for bf2. you need a bit more ram. and what john said is right. that card really isn't that great. 256 mb memory interface doesn't mean anything if it's lacking pipelines and core speed.

Your PC isn't good at all, to be honest. Neither is the card. Your RAM is old, slow, and lacking in the "good" department all together. Battlefield 2 wants a pretty demanding system to play well on, and Halo always gave me troubles until I really got a nice system, and then it worked pretty well (it probably works alright for you, I'm sure). The other games I've never heard of so I really can't say. Oh, Battlefield 1942 probably works okay, right? If not, you may have a problem with your system or a lot of unnecessary programs/applications running in the background.

Back
Top Bottom