DVI vs VGA

My dad just recently bought a really nice computer(also nice monitor, video card with DVI and VGA, at first i didnt know anything about DVI, and plugged in the VGA. It looked normal. I then read the instructions to make sure i did nothing wrong, and it said to pug the DVI part into the computer. So i did, and i was amazed at how much of a change there was. I think that with basicly any monitor that supports DVI, you WILL see a difference. Another reason its better, all the best video cards have just DVI on them.

Definitely DVI over VGA. At work everyday, we have to strain our eyes to view a VGA output screen....you plug in a DVI, and it DEFINITELY takes away that strain. The increase in brightness and sharpness is obviously the first thing you will see.

Not to mention, on the average, a DVI connection will give a 50% better picture than a VGA.

Also, DVI-D and a HDCP compliant video card and monitor will allow you to view HD content at full resolution. :D

i have both dvi and vga on my geforce 6600le and i have two moniters, both fairly old, so of course theyre both vga, so i bought a dvi-vga converter, i have noticed a difference when i used a dvi moniter @ my friends house (i use my comp tho) definately go with dvi

Back
Top Bottom