Built my own computer..having problems

mtotho

In Runtime
ok i just finished building my own computer, 700w power supply, conroe core 2 duo e6600, 2x of corsair xms, asus p5w dh deluxe mobo, ati x1900xtx, antec
p180 case, 2 seagate 320 gb serial ata's. My problem is, i was setting up everything in the setting and shit, i was gonna try to run it in raid, besides the point, i have an extra fan that was sitting in the dvd drive bays, the extra ones, and while it was on i noticed i could give it more airflow if i open the front bays, i did that and it started spinning twice as fast, a few seconds later my computer just shut off. i thought there was too much voltage, so i lowered all hte fans, and unplugged that one, and after i turn it on, it stays on for about 10-20 seconds, and just turns off, i dont know what the problem is, please dont tell me i shorted out one of those nice expensive things from above, thanks

and noobie question, for me to set something up in raid i have to press ctrl + I in POST, ok but what is post thanks, please answer my first question..first because i cant do this part without getting the computer to stay on.

Have you got to the part where you set up windows yet? But i think you might have shorted one of those babys...and there not expensive, if you got them for more than 100 dollars u got ripped thats all i have to say..but just to let you know..if you get a new one..and try and set up raid....you will need help, trust me on that part.

so u think its the hardrive, i did get to the windows part and after i pressed enter, it just went black and nothing happend.

and u htink i shorted both of them, i didnt mean the hardrive were expensive, 94 dollars each, id just rather not spend any money, maybe i will try hooking them um regular, if one at least works, i will be happy.

Back
Top Bottom