Legal Copy, Legit Key, cannot install XP

this happens to me all the time, just format your hardrive first to clean its slate 100 percent, then install window, it should accept any key u throw at it. unless of course u dont want to format

OEM software isnt Microsofts problem, ya need to contact HP but they might charge u for another disc. OEM stuff is sold to manufacturers to do what they want with so its not MS's responsibility If ya contact MS they will forward ya on to another company for a disc, but it will cost ya a fortune. Also keys work for a certain range of discs i.e ya couldnt use an SP1 key with an SP2 disc. Most OEM discs are BIOS dependant so if ya know someone with a similar brand pc, then ya might hit on lucky

Raffaz said:
OEM software isnt Microsofts problem, ya need to contact HP but they might charge u for another disc. OEM stuff is sold to manufacturers to do what they want with so its not MS's responsibility If ya contact MS they will forward ya on to another company for a disc, but it will cost ya a fortune. Also keys work for a certain range of discs i.e ya couldnt use an SP1 key with an SP2 disc. Most OEM discs are BIOS dependant so if ya know someone with a similar brand pc, then ya might hit on lucky

i have 65 hp laptops to reimage. I had to purchase an HP OEM CD since I couldnt find any of the cds that came with the laptops, two years ago. COA on the bottom of the laptops didnt work, i tried 5 different laptops...so i called HP, they told me it wasnt their problem when XP wouldnt activate. I was conferenced in with MS, they said it wasnt their problem Their policy changed in March of this year and they don't offer replacement COA's for PC manufacturers. HP still says it isnt their problem however the latest tech called into MS activation support and had them give him a replacement COA to get the ONE copy activated. He wants me to do the same for the other 64 laptops that are left...!!! AND THEY SAY DELL HAS HORRIBLE SUPPORT...and you think you have problems...

Back
Top Bottom