Half Life 2

I remeber getting hl1 first year (1998 when i was 6), for £30+. Loved the game. Like the story, espicially the location. I bought all the expansions: blueshift, opposing force etc except halflife Decay- which i think is for ps2, but look here (http://decay.hl2source.com/)? These 2 mods link into the orginal hl1, ie when your own the train you see barney from blueshift banging on the door that wont let him in (barney appears in HL2 at the begging). As a fan of HL1, HL2 was a must have, graphics and physics were and still are fantastic, however I miss black mesa :(

Anyway, I'm no serious gamer, programming is more rewarding

p.s when do you meet dr breen in HL1?

i like all of the valve games, i like counter strike and there are some cool mods for hl2, if you want a bit of everything this is for you
Half-Life 2: Game Of The Year Edition It comes with:
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Half-Life: Source
Half-Life Deathmatch: Source
Counter-Strike: Source

:D This Package Costs $35.00 USD :D

And I suggest this 3rd Party Mod:
Garrys Mod (requires hl2, hl2:dm, and css)

i didnt like half life 2 tho (dont have the patience), i only like css and gmod but it was still worth it

For $60 a couple years ago I got:
Half-Life2,
Half-Life2: Deathmatch,
Half-Life: Source
Counter-Strike: Source
Day Of Defeat: Source
Half-Life,
Blue-Shift,
Opposing-Force,
Counter-Strike,
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero,
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scences,
Death Match Classic,
Richochet,
Team Fortress Classic.

This was back when VALVe had the Half-Life2 bronze, silver, and gold editions.. the one I got was Silver.. so worth it... I bought two (one for a friend)

I have the feeling valve did this just to piss off vivendi and get more people to buy from steam than retail.. that way valve gets more money and vivendi gets screwed.. serves 'em right if thats the case.. :p (Vivendi tried to sue valve a little before this)

At the time, this package was every game steam had.. but lately valve has been letting a lot of 3rd party companies get involved.. I wonder what the future holds for steam..

I later bought SiN: Emergence Episode 1 for $20.. it also included SiN 1 single player and multiplayer..

IMO steam is one of the less nazish methods of getting games these days.. no freaking starforce protection screwing up your PC.. no hassles with CDs.. just start up steam and play.. ahh I love steam. :D

Steam is great for game security, but the requirement of Internet (in some cases, depending on which games you play) is a bit irritating. But, as this day in age, that really isn't a problem at all. I also agree with you; Steam is much better than Starforce, since it doesn't damage your computer... :(

eh if you know how to approach it, steam can be used without the internet.. you just need to have it atleast once.. after that it can start in offline mode.

Right, that's correct. I forgot about that...:)

This thread just inspired me to install Half-Life 2, too. :D

Back
Top Bottom