It'ssss here!

joxley1990

Golden Master
Yey, Inspiron 6400 arrived! Fantastic laptop, love it to bits. I opened it, left it on charge for a good few hours, then jumped on.

The specs are:

Core Duo, 1.6Ghz
1GB 533Mhz RAM
60GB 7,200 RPM HDD
X1300 Video card (yet to test)
15.4" Widescreen, 1280x800

I also ordered with the laptop, a D-Link wireless router, and a laptop rucksack.

I have a few things to say, so off we go..:)

I started using the laptop, and it is nice to type on, because it has those touch keys, which I find really really good, however, the entire right side of the keyboard feels loose, and does not feel natural. It feels as if it has not been screwed down properly or something. I rang DELL technical support (that was a job within it'self) for assistance.

They jumped in and said fine, that's fine, we will send you a replacement keyboard straight away, first class, you will get it tomorrow morning. So I said, NO! I am not replacing the keyboard, you can replace the whole laptop, I am NOT taking my laptop apart. The guy on the end of the phone offered me the keyboard, and an all-in-one printer. I have to say, I was tempted by the printer, but I thought about the portability issues of a printer..so I declined once more. DELL finally agreed to send me out a replacement laptop, which will be here within the next five days.

Wireless internet, WOW! I cannot imagine why I did not get it before, it's fantastic. For example, I am sat here now, watching prison break, on the sofa, with my two cats. I have a bottle of coke to my left, and some crisps to my right, all in the convinience of me also being able to go on the internet! I love it!

The rucksack..well..it's a Targus ruckie, with a compartment for my laptop, which is a very snug fit, because the bags are made for the laptop..and then it's just a normal bag..not much to say there.

Also, the amount of stupid crap that DELL computers come installed with, OMG! Took me a good few minutes to boot up, anyway, it's all rid of, Ive kept some, because quite frankly, it's good! But, I will have to go through all this again in a few days...

Now, to the techie stuff..

Ahhh! Dual Core! WOW! Love it..that's all I can possibly say..you know they advertise, that you can run virus scans, while downloading music, and surfing the net, well, there was no lie there, you literally can! Dual Core my friends, is the bomb.

I will add pics tomorrow, can't find the camera at the moment. The laptop is alot bigger than I thought it would be, but it is still very light, im just glad I didn't go for the 17" Widescreen!

Over & Out!

haha, glad you like it. I can't believe how fast it came! I remember when you were about to order it...wow!

Personally, i wouldn't have ordered a dell. the main reason actually being tech support. you call up , get put on hold for at least 20 minutes, then get transfered to some place in india, they can't understand you, you can't understand them, it's total chaos. i've tried so many times to get one simple problem fixed. i was extremely dissapointed.

HP on the other hand, is the exact opposite. their tech support is the best!

yeah, i'll have to agree, wireless internet on a laptop is awesome! i love going anywhere with it. it's great!

dual core rocks man, it rocks. wait until you see how great it is

i can't wait to see some pics!

lol looks like you're having fun, and it's good that they're replacing your laptop. congrats on finally getting it lol.

A lot of laptops are implementing Microsoft's fingerprint reader now. It's pretty handy to say the least. :)

I want a laptop, but I don't need one yet. :) Any pictures, Joxley?

joe pic said:
HP on the other hand, is the exact opposite. their tech support is the best!

HP has the bessst support ever. I called them up once and they said to call back when i put my video card back in. So i call back and the same woman answered :D and she led me through everything.

joxley1990 said:
Yey, Inspiron 6400 arrived! Fantastic laptop, love it to bits. I opened it, left it on charge for a good few hours, then jumped on.

The specs are:

Core Duo, 1.6Ghz
1GB 533Mhz RAM
60GB 7,200 RPM HDD
X1300 Video card (yet to test)
15.4" Widescreen, 1280x800

I also ordered with the laptop, a D-Link wireless router, and a laptop rucksack.

I have a few things to say, so off we go..:)

I started using the laptop, and it is nice to type on, because it has those touch keys, which I find really really good, however, the entire right side of the keyboard feels loose, and does not feel natural. It feels as if it has not been screwed down properly or something. I rang DELL technical support (that was a job within it'self) for assistance.

They jumped in and said fine, that's fine, we will send you a replacement keyboard straight away, first class, you will get it tomorrow morning. So I said, NO! I am not replacing the keyboard, you can replace the whole laptop, I am NOT taking my laptop apart. The guy on the end of the phone offered me the keyboard, and an all-in-one printer. I have to say, I was tempted by the printer, but I thought about the portability issues of a printer..so I declined once more. DELL finally agreed to send me out a replacement laptop, which will be here within the next five days.

Wireless internet, WOW! I cannot imagine why I did not get it before, it's fantastic. For example, I am sat here now, watching prison break, on the sofa, with my two cats. I have a bottle of coke to my left, and some crisps to my right, all in the convinience of me also being able to go on the internet! I love it!

The rucksack..well..it's a Targus ruckie, with a compartment for my laptop, which is a very snug fit, because the bags are made for the laptop..and then it's just a normal bag..not much to say there.

Also, the amount of stupid crap that DELL computers come installed with, OMG! Took me a good few minutes to boot up, anyway, it's all rid of, Ive kept some, because quite frankly, it's good! But, I will have to go through all this again in a few days...

Now, to the techie stuff..

Ahhh! Dual Core! WOW! Love it..that's all I can possibly say..you know they advertise, that you can run virus scans, while downloading music, and surfing the net, well, there was no lie there, you literally can! Dual Core my friends, is the bomb.

I will add pics tomorrow, can't find the camera at the moment. The laptop is alot bigger than I thought it would be, but it is still very light, im just glad I didn't go for the 17" Widescreen!

Over & Out!
so do you have to send back your current one for the replacement or do you get two?

Ahh sweet, congrats man..I remember how I was when I first got my new comp, now its just ehh *kicks pc*

Back
Top Bottom