Help with new build.

imguessingur

Baseband Member
Okie, everything came in today, besides a vid card. So I figured I'd install everything, turn it on, watch the fans spins and what not. Well, if it was always that easy. :rolleyes: . So I hook up the USB plugs, front audio, blah blah. Hit the power switch, and nothing happens. Wondeful! Anywho, I've tried damn never everything, switching PSU's, changing the ram around. Is there anything I might have overlooked?

PS - I dont think its the mobo cause everything was running for a breif second.

imguessingurgay said:
Okie, everything came in today, besides a vid card. So I figured I'd install everything, turn it on, watch the fans spins and what not. Well, if it was always that easy. :rolleyes: . So I hook up the USB plugs, front audio, blah blah. Hit the power switch, and nothing happens. Wondeful! Anywho, I've tried damn never everything, switching PSU's, changing the ram around. Is there anything I might have overlooked?

PS - I dont think its the mobo cause everything was running for a breif second.

Does the power turn on, but doesn't boot up?

well.. i don't see why you would try to turn on your computer w/o the videocard inside, i mean unless your motherboard supports integrated video... make sure all your connectors from the powersupply are tightly secured within the mobo though

Chainer said:
Does the power turn on, but doesn't boot up?
The light on the PSU turns on. The light on the mobo turns on. But It'd a no go. CPU fan doesnt move or anything.

And to kchi55 - So I can work on my wire managment, and to catch any problems before hand.

well make sure there aren't any metal parts touching the motherboard including the back of the case, you need those risers.. um.. are you sure you plugged in everything correctly? when the mobo LED comes on, is it just the mobo or do the case fans start up and what not. in the end it may be faulty hard ware.

Well, I did notice on capitacor getting VERY hot. Its just the mobo. Nothing spins, nothing happens.

that's really odd. are you positive the power supplies work, do they work on other computers?

Of course the other one works, im using it now. Anywho, I didnt get those plastic risers with my case...should I use the metal ones instead?

Sorry - Fairly new with builds...

try booting it with nothing hooked up to it, just the board and the cpu and the cpu fan. take the memory and any other cards out and see if it does anything. if it doesn't spin then you have problems. if it does, put things in one at a time checking it in between. the computer should still try to post without the video card, you just gonna get a lot of beeping, as you should with everything like the ram taken out. just make sure you have a speaker hooked up to it, maybe your fan doesn't work....

Back
Top Bottom