MSN Messenger questions

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Here's a question regarding MSN Messenger. Let's say I have MSN installed on my PC and I have another person also using MSN somewhere in the world. If I delete this person off of my MSN Messenger list, will it also delete my MSN on his computer as well?

Also, if I choose to add her again--will she be notified that I'm trying to add her or will it just add her by itself on my MSN Messenger? Assuming she hasn't deleted my contact on her side of MSN Messenger. I know that if you add someone that is new to you, it will notify them that I'm trying to add them.

TRDCorolla said:
Here's a question regarding MSN Messenger. Let's say I have MSN installed on my PC and I have another person also using MSN somewhere in the world. If I delete this person off of my MSN Messenger list, will it also delete my MSN on his computer as well?

no, that person would still see u being online and will be able to start a discussion with u. Unless u block her. If u block her she will still have ur contact there, but even if u are online it's going to show her that u are offline, and she can't send u any messages.

TRDCorolla said:
Also, if I choose to add her again--will she be notified that I'm trying to add her or will it just add her by itself on my MSN Messenger? Assuming she hasn't deleted my contact on her side of MSN Messenger. I know that if you add someone that is new to you, it will notify them that I'm trying to add them.

I'm pretty sure that it won't notify her.

Oh, ok. That last part was my main concern. I don't want her to think that I deleted her as my contact (which I did, hehe). Because if I did add her back on, I hate having her to get the notification that I added her to my MSN. THen she'll be like, "WTF is he doing?!?! He deleted me then thinks he can get my permission to add me back on to his MSN?" THat kind of thing...

Have you had first hand experience with this? My good friends don't usually use MSN since we all just call each other up over the phone or meet in person. I use MSN for like long distance communications.

I believe if you delete a contact from your list and want to add them back later.They will be sent an notification.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure she will get a notification that you added her to your list. The only one I know of that doesn't give notification is AIM.

Just tell her that your list got wiped out somehow and you had to re-add everyone you had.

Oh darn it. I guess I'll have to reinstate her and make up that excuse. SHe's computer stupid so that goes to my advantage.

TRDCorolla said:
Oh darn it. I guess I'll have to reinstate her and make up that excuse. SHe's computer stupid so that goes to my advantage.
I don't see any other way, if you tell her why you deleted her, she'll get mad. Just say that, she'll never be able to prove it didn't happen. Unless she knows someone else on your list and asks them.

I wish there was a way around this. I feel as long as someone already has you in their contact list, it shouldn't ask her again that I'm trying to add her. Even after I deleted her and add her again. It's ok if two people don't have each other's contact info---that is appropriate of course since you're initiating this for the very first time or if both parties happen to delete each other's contact info and want to add each other again.

Or, I may just forget about her, hehe. That is evil...

Back
Top Bottom