Podcast Submission Form

So all I have to change is the email for myself, and at that, only once in the entire script? I guess I'll change the file extensions to .mp3...

I got the email. It also uploaded successfully... in addition, I'd like to know if it's possible that if there is an error uploading (like wrong extension, etc...) if all the inputted information could be retained. For example, I first tried uploading an mp3 when only images were allowed, and all the information I had filled out in the form had been erased.

And since this submission is email-based, I'd email the submitter with acceptance/rejection... so I would change the upload.php to display a reminder to check email regularly, or the upload_class.php?

EDIT: I also noticed that the file is renamed to the artist's name... how can I change this?

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, but I thought it'd be better if i tested it before I said anything again.

it seems that the reason that the files were renamed on upload is that the uploaded script looks for the variable name and calls the file that (not an overly bad feature, but not a great one either)...

anyway...
this script should work now.

Code:
<?php
include ("upload_class.php"); //classes is the map where the class file is stored (one above the root)

$max_size = 1024*250; // the max. size for uploading

$my_upload = new file_upload;

$my_upload->upload_dir = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."/test/"; // "files" is the folder for the uploaded files (you have to create this folder)
$my_upload->extensions = array(".png", ".zip", ".pdf"); // specify the allowed extensions here
// $my_upload->extensions = "de"; // use this to switch the messages into an other language (translate first!!!)
$my_upload->max_length_filename = 50; // change this value to fit your field length in your database (standard 100)
$my_upload->rename_file = true;

if(isset($_POST['Submit'])) {
    $my_upload->the_temp_file = $_FILES['upload']['tmp_name'];
    $my_upload->the_file = $_FILES['upload']['name'];
    $my_upload->http_error = $_FILES['upload']['error'];
    $my_upload->replace = (isset($_POST['replace'])) ? $_POST['replace'] : "n"; // because only a checked checkboxes is true
    $my_upload->do_filename_check = (isset($_POST['check'])) ? $_POST['check'] : "n"; // use this boolean to check for a valid filename
    $new_name = (isset($_POST['name'])) ? $_POST['name'] : "";
    if ($my_upload->upload($new_name)) { // new name is an additional filename information, use this to rename the uploaded file
        $full_path = $my_upload->upload_dir.$my_upload->file_copy;
        $info = $my_upload->get_uploaded_file_info($full_path);
        // ... or do something like insert the filename to the database
        //since filename is uploaded send an enail to site authour for new submissions
        $aname = $_REQUEST['aname'];
        $email = $_REQUEST['email'];
        $cname = $_REQUEST['cname'];
        $address = $_REQUEST['address'];
        $song = $_REQUEST['sname'];
//make a new name for the file
$name = $aname . "-" . $song;
        $message = "Hello G9,\r\nYou've been sent a podcast submission by $aname. details as follows:\r\n\tName:$name\r\n\tEmail:$email\r\n\tCo  mmunity Name:$cname\r\n\tCommunity Address:$address\r\n\tSong Name:$song\r\n\nThis file has been uploaded to your webspace awaiting your approval.";
        $to      = 'YOUR EMAIL HERE';
        $subject = 'New Podcast Submissions!';
        $headers = "From: $email" . "\r\n" .
   "Reply-To: $email" . "\r\n" .
   "X-Mailer: PHP/" . phpversion();

mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);
    }
}

?>
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<title>Upload example</title>
<style type="text/css">
<!--
label {
    float:left;
    display:block;
    width:120px;
}
input {
    float:left;
}
-->
</style>
</head>

<body>
<h3>File upload script:</h3>
<p>Max. filesize = <?php echo $max_size; ?> bytes.</p>
<form name="form1" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post" action="<?php echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; ?>">
  <input type="hidden" name="MAX_FILE_SIZE" value="<?php echo $max_size; ?>"><br>
  <label for="upload">Select a file...</label><input type="file" name="upload" size="30"><br clear="all">
<label for="name">Artists Name</label><input type="text" name="aname" /><br clear="all">
<label for="email">Email:</label><input type="text" name="email" /><br clear="all">
<label for="cname">Community Name:</label><input type="text" name="cname" /><br clear="all">
<label for="address">Community Address:</label><input type="text" name="address" /><br clear="all">
<label for="sname">Song Name:</label><input type="text" name="sname" /><br clear="all">

<input style="margin-left:120px;" type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit">
</form>
<br clear="all">
<p><?php echo $my_upload->show_error_string(); ?></p>
<?php if (isset($info)) echo "<blockquote>".nl2br($info)."</blockquote>"; ?>
</body>
</html>

Ironic and most unfortunate that you reach me now... I am currently on leave without access to a computer... I'll be back on the 12th with results. I'm currently typing away on an onscreen keyboard. Thanks for the reply.

dodmasta said:
If you want me to help test it i can, i do have a webserver.

Thanks for the offer, but my disorganized state would only become more confusing.

Well, it works... but it still gets renamed to a weird combination of numbers.

grrr.... dammit, (I guess that's what I get for trying to take a shortcut and using an existing script!!

I'll make a new upload script and then it should all work fine.

Alright thanks man... you don't know how much I appreciate your effort.

ok...

as with the above message forget everything previous to that message... ghere a new (self contained script)... that works better.

it has a max file upload size of 5 megs.
but you can change that.
and it checks what files are uploaded by checking the mime type rather than the extension, (so people can't just rename files with a different extentsion.
it currently accepts all music file types, but you can edit where necessary.

the things you may like to change are...
the accepted mime type.
the $mypath varable to say wher eyou want the files to be uploaded
the email address variable.
and the content of the form.

other than that I poperly tested the form this time so I know it works without any weird or wonderful things that I'm not sure about.

Code:
<?php
$artist = @$_REQUEST['artist'];
$genre = @$_REQUEST['genre'];

if (@$HTTP_POST_VARS['submit'])
{
    if ($genre=="")
    {
        $error = "You Must Specify A Genre";
    }
    else
    {
        if ($artist=="")
        {
            $error = "You must specify your Artist Name";
        }
        else
        {
            //print_r($HTTP_POST_FILES);
            if (!is_uploaded_file($HTTP_POST_FILES['file']['tmp_name']))
            {
                $error = "You did not upload a file!";
                unlink($HTTP_POST_FILES['file']['tmp_name']);
                // assign error message, remove uploaded file, redisplay form.
            }
            else
            {
                //a file was uploaded
                $maxfilesize=5242880;//5MB
                if ($HTTP_POST_FILES['file']['size'] > $maxfilesize)
                {
                    $error = "file is too large";
                }
                else
                {
                    if (
                    ($HTTP_POST_FILES['file']['type'] != "application/zip") /*zip files*/
                    AND($HTTP_POST_FILES['file']['type'] != "audio/x-mpegurl") /*mp3*/
                    AND($HTTP_POST_FILES['file']['type'] != "audio/mpeg3") /*mp3*/
                    AND($HTTP_POST_FILES['file']['type'] != "audio/x-mpeg-3") /*mp3*/
                    AND($HTTP_POST_FILES['file']['type'] != "audio/x-mpeg") /*mp3*/
                    AND($HTTP_POST_FILES['file']['type'] != "audio/mpeg") /*mp2 sound*/
                    AND($HTTP_POST_FILES['file']['type'] != "audio/x-wav") /*wave files*/
                    AND($HTTP_POST_FILES['file']['type'] != "audio/x-aiff") /*aif aiff aifc*/
                    AND($HTTP_POST_FILES['file']['type'] != "audio/midi") /*mid*/
                    AND($HTTP_POST_FILES['file']['type'] != "audio/x-midi") /*mid*/
                    AND($HTTP_POST_FILES['file']['type'] != "audio/basic") /*au snd*/
                    AND($HTTP_POST_FILES['file']['type'] != "audio/x-pn-realaudio") /*real media*/
                    )
                    {
                        $error = "This file type is not allowed";
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        //File has passed all validation, copy it to the final destination and remove the temporary file:
                        //create file structure for cataloging files
                        $mypath="C:\\program files\\apache group\\apache2\\httpdocs\\upload\\$genre\\$artist";
                        @mkdir($mypath,0777,TRUE);
                        copy($HTTP_POST_FILES['file']['tmp_name'],"$mypath\\".$HTTP_POST_FILES['file']['name']);
                        print "File has been successfully uploaded!";

$email = "your address here";
                        $subject = "You have new Podcast material";
                        $message = "Hello G9 you've recieve a new subbmission for your podcasting, from $artist, the new song is $HTTP_POST_FILES['file']['name']";
                        mail($to, $subject, $message);
                        exit;
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
?>

<html>
<head></head>
<body>
<form action="upload.php" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">
<?=@$error?>
<br><br>
Artist:<input type="text" name="artist" value="<?=@$artist?>" /><br />
Genre: <input type="text" name="genre" value="<?=@$genre?>" /><br />

Choose a file to upload:<br>
<input type="file" name="file"><br>
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="submit">
</form>
</body>
</html>

So... save this as html or php?

Thanks for helping out, again... I appreciate it. Something got screwed up with the PM system... got a PM notification in my email but didn't find anything in my inbox.

Back
Top Bottom