Cf New Theme

UK31337 said:
This thread has stayed up well after its bedtime.
Yes, shall we tuck it in & say night-night?, you do it, I haven't drunk me hot toddy yet Mac.
ill.gif

Frimon86 said:
Well your proably old then and not with the new generation yet, perhaps back in your day you guys didn't really give a junk about things being up-to-date wait a minuet if your old then you didn thave computers back in your day so nevermind.
Back in your day???, didn't have computers???, what are you on about, he's not old, he's 33, so why pick on him?, I know that the great majority of members posting are between 16 & 20, & that's fine, but don't judge everybody older, as past it, that's a little schoolboy's mentality, like, "wow, my teacher's old, he's thirty!!

I've re-opened this thread.

we've had plenty of discussions about posting in locked threads.
and since it seems there is still stuff to say on the subject, (or at least people are still posting). it's only fair that everyone gets to post -especially if you are directing questions directly at people.

if anyone has anything else to say on the subject of themes. then by all means post away, else we can let this thread die right?

G35x said:
We make a new logo, and the winner gets a av...I say we run this across david asap..

Yeah, we could have a cool CF Logo contest. It wouldn't kill anyone to have some community bonding time, would it? :p

I could care less about a new theme. The current one is okay, but a new one wouldn't hurt either.

alvino said:
Yeah, we could have a cool CF Logo contest. It wouldn't kill anyone to have some community bonding time, would it? :p

I could care less about a new theme. The current one is okay, but a new one wouldn't hurt either.
I also like that idea... =)

Sure, You're probably thinking along the lines of "if it isnt broke, dont fix it" but if changes arent made to keep the website impressive and looking good, our member base will not grow, and people will leave because their opinions are always shotdown when anyone says anything.

You have to understand, a Website is like a business, with members like customers. You must keep happy customers to continue to stay in business, just like you must keep happy members to keep the website running smoothly.

Paradox said:
Sure, You're probably thinking along the lines of "if it isnt broke, dont fix it" but if changes arent made to keep the website impressive and looking good, our member base will not grow, and people will leave because their opinions are always shotdown when anyone says anything.

You have to understand, a Website is like a business, with members like customers. You must keep happy customers to continue to stay in business, just like you must keep happy members to keep the website running smoothly.
Seeing it through a new member's eyes, I would accept what was there, what's wrong with it??, I think some of the longer term members seem to get fed up with the layout or appearence or both, come on guys, there's only so much can be done, unless you are wanting something really OTT like a deep sexy voice saying, "Well, hello, welcome back to David's Delightful Domain", only joking Dave, nah, it's functional it's clean, I vote we leave it as it is :D

hmmm... the suggestion of selectable themes is still in question though? that way if you like it the wat it is you can choose to keep it the way that it is... if you like it a different way then you could decide to change it...

for an example of what I mean, (in the vaguest sense possible), go to http://www.csszengarden.com

click on some of the themes at the side and the website changes, but the content of the website is exactly the same, just with different themes applied,
the actual content information order of information etc never changes, only the style sheet linked at the top.

this functionality is already built into the forum system, it just need style sheets that people can choose from.

Brookfield said:
Seeing it through a new member's eyes, I would accept what was there, what's wrong with it??, I think some of the longer term members seem to get fed up with the layout or appearence or both, come on guys, there's only so much can be done, unless you are wanting something really OTT like a deep sexy voice saying, "Well, hello, welcome back to David's Delightful Domain", only joking Dave, nah, it's functional it's clean, I vote we leave it as it is :D
I'm a person for neutral skins, and when I signed up I liked the skin, so your right. :)

Back
Top Bottom