What does this message mean?

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Ok, so I added my XBox 360 Core on eBay for the auction. It ended today, but I get a retarded email from eBay saying that my listing has been canceled!!! I'm like, WTF is going on? Don't they have a phone number to contact? I sent them like 4 emails already and worse yet, they're charging me like $34.99 fee for something I didn't sell because eBay "removed" it. I'm still waiting for their stupid reply.

Any of you guys experience this? Wierd, what the crap is happening? I did see a bid from one of my emails that was as high as $1120.00 for the system. That seems an awful lot of money for a Core system. That might be the case of fraud, but I don't know.

Oh, here's the message eBay sent me regarding the problem:

"The results of the following listings have been cancelled due to bidding activity that took place without the account owner's authorization:

250027687978 Microsoft Xbox 360 Core System - Game console

We have temporarily suspended the bidding account and we are working with the account owner to prevent any additional unauthorized activity. Since the account owner did not initiate these bids, fees resulting from the listings in question have been credited to your account.

Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to automatically relist these items for you. Instead, to relist these items you will need to start from the beginning of the listing process, either through the "Sell Your Item" process or through your third party listing service. We know that this is an inconvenience and we apologize for the negative impact it may cause you. We are working on tools to allow you to relist your items without starting from the beginning, but they are not available at this time.

Do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received. If there are issues that have not been addressed by this message, you can contact us by clicking the "Help" link located at the top of most eBay pages and selecting "Contact Us" from the menu on the left hand side of the page.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety"

That's another reason why I'll never use eBay. :)

About your Xbox 360 Core System, is that the only one you have? No Premium? What price are you offering it at?

I sold the premium already a long time ago. That went perfect. I got $850 for it!!!!! I charged like $100 s&h, lol. But I got them the best delivery time UPS had to offer.

Oh.

I think I'll wait before I buy my Xbox 360. They're gonna use the 65nm process for the IBM PowerPC Tri-Core CPU, so it'll use less power and run cooler. :D Prices will probably go down by then, not to mention some nice bundles like the rumored Xbox 360 + HD-DVD player and 2 HD-DVD movie bundle from Microsoft. There's even some rumors that Microsoft will have a new Xbox 360 with a internal HD-DVD drive by 2007. Dunno, but I'll wait. :D Becides, all the great games of this year and early next year will be out by then. :D

HOLY COW!!!! I JUST GOT A PAYMENT OF $1,415.00 USD for the XBox 360 Core. But eBay is still screwing up with my listing. The payment is from this guy in Nigeria. Hmmm, if it's in Paypal already, it's good to go right? Here't the thing though. It says that in a PayPal email I got in Hotmail, but when I went on to actually login to my regular PayPal account, I got nothing yet. Seems like fraud. But from my email, he paid me $1,415. Odd. Here's the email. See if it's fake or not.

Ever heard of the Nigerian Bank Scams? They would claim that some millionaire and their heirs died in some tragic accident and that their money would be eventually given to the government. So they offer to give it to people. First they ask for personal information like credit card numbers or Social Security numbers and if you're actually stupid enough to do that, they rob you blind and disappear. Not all of the scams were like that, but most were similar to that.

Long story short, it's a scam. Don't fall for it.

But they usually send these chain emails out. This is an actual PayPal account, and the first I've seen. Hmmm, very fishy. I've already reported this to eBay and will do the same with PayPal security.

Is there actually a PayPal in the UK too?

http://www.paypal.co.uk/uk

Is that a legit site or fake? I thought www.paypal.com was everywhere worldwide.

eBay is probably one of the biggest breeding grounds for scammers. I'm sure eBay has done tons to ensure tighter security, but people find ways to bypass things.

Back
Top Bottom