IMovie: Transferring MP4 to Imovie

BRISK495

Solid State Member
Hello,

I recently downloaded handbrake to new MAC. That was successful and now I have an MP4 file on my computer. I also have been experimenting with the Imovie. I am arranging clips and sound effects fine. However, how do I convert the MP4 file to the Imovie software so that I can begin editing clips?? That would be very helpful...its probably somethign simple but I am not patient enough to try every single thing....thanks!

john123 said:
mp4 should import no problem. just try it.

thanks for your quick respose, i have the imovie open now....when you say import no problem....where do i go in Imovie to import it over....for some reason it isnt obvious to me.....

actually, i just hit the "import" function, seems to take some time....i guess i have to do that first....

yeah it just puts it in. or just drag it from the finder (the windows on the desktop and stuff) into the timeline.

im at a less then a minute remaining for importing......does it take awhile at the end...its been like this for a few minutes....even though it says less then a minute remaining

BRISK495 said:
im at a less then a minute remaining for importing......does it take awhile at the end...its been like this for a few minutes....even though it says less then a minute remaining

its probably just a large mp4 file, thats why it takes so long.

Ronco Rox said:
its probably just a large mp4 file, thats why it takes so long.

ok, yes, it took 45 minutes, how can i just take snipits of the entire movie? my program handbrake allows to just take certain chapters, so i may just take chapters that i know i want to edit from.....but one say a 5 minute chapter is imported, you can break it up and edit it...correct?

john123 said:
what are the specs of your mac/pc with mac on it?

this is a brand new imac....upgraded from 512 ram to 1 gig i think it has like 150 gig memory....seems to be a great computer for editing

Back
Top Bottom