What happens if i mix DDR RAM and SDRAM?

I have an ECS board that will support both ddr and sdram. 2.26 P4. BUT, NOT at the same time. It's either one or the other. Mine has 2 slots for ddr and two slots for the sdram.
Now you can not put sdram ram cards in a ddr slot or vice versa. The guide cuts in the ram cards have to mate up with pins in the memory sockets. You force them, pins break, you power it up, and you cook ram cards.

Actually, if I well remember, mixing DDR and SDRAM cards will cook the RAM, but the modules may be damaged. To my manual, it said that the DDR banks will be damaged.

how old are you?
Who the heck are you telling this? :confused: :mad:

Well SDram runs 3.3V, and DDR 2.5V. So if 3.3V is going to DDR than I can understand it beening Dead, but if there was a voltage controler for memory than there shouldnt be a problem

john123 said:
He said "well im probably too young to install ram by myself"
Oh...The he**? :eek: :eek:
Too young to install Ram...that's has to be the most noobiest stuff ever heard and one good laugh done! :p

lhuser said:
Oh...The he**? :eek: :eek:
Too young to install Ram...that's has to be the most noobiest stuff ever heard and one good laugh done! :p

probably means that he doesn't have any clue about computer hardware, because he doesn't have experience. If he is something like under 10 I doubt he wants to do even a small thing like changing the ram without anyone watching what he is doing.

I think I was like 10 or something when I built my 1st computer, though I had quite much help. I did some basic stuff, like inserted ram, screwed the hdds in etc, but left the harder parts for my stepfather. I was maybe 13 or 14 when I built my 1st computer without anyones help.

But u will learn almost anything if u practice enough.

Back
Top Bottom