nVidea vs Ati

Heh, two X1950's against Quad SLI? No fight even needed. :p

EDIT>>> The NVIDIA Quadro Plex isn't for gaming, so if you think you can actually game decently with that thing just because it has that many cards in one box, think again.

Ok, Nvidia has the pixel shading model 3.0 and comes with a lot on video color and settings. ATI lacks on this.

ATI has crossfire, but it looks messy as it is on the exterior. Nvidia is interior.

ATI has some nice cores, while some Nvidia don't.

So, if you look at the three, if you want PURE performance, get ATI. If you want neat things, get Nvidia. If you are video editing, get Nvidia Wuadro or 3D labs. If you play music and stuff, get either both as a budget card. If you like nice clarity, get Nvidia.

ATI cards also have Shader Model 3.0

The ATI Catalyst Control Panel also has a lot of color settings etc.

CrossFire is only exterior with the older cards, but the next generation cards like the X1950 GT and Pro and the R600 will all be internal through a PCB bridge like NVIDIA.

Re: nVidia vs Ati

The best advice I could offer is not to look at all the numbers or listen to the pros and cons. Use your eyes.
What looks good to you?
What's compatible with your computer?
What's compatible with your monitor?
What serves best the use you have in mind for it?
And the big one> What are you willing to pay for it?

I have used both brands. Both have good points and bad points. It's up to you to find what works for you. If you like what you see in either brand, buy it. The numbers and all the press don't mean squat.
It's what your eyes tell you that counts.

ummmm, no, why nvidia? Is it cuz it's all you've ever used? Or are you just happy with their products? And remember, please say the brand too and Nvidia doesnt make the actual cards.

my next card is probably going to be an ati card.. i've gotten the fx5200 and the 6800gs, it's time for a change.. i think the architecture that ati is using for the dx10 cards will eventually out perform nvidia's cards regardless of the rumor that ati drivers are bad... don't have any exp with them so who knows, i'm happy w/ my nvidia drivers though.

I'm using ATI's Catalyst 6.8 drivers and they work wonderfully.

Yeah, I agree. I'm currently with ATI's roadmap and their integration of the Unified Shader Architecture.

Holy shit how did this thread get by so long with out a riot happening telling the guy to do a search..

I think it was mostly the arguement between Chainer, Ownage and I that took the most space. :p Now it's just a normal discussion, just like it should be.

EDIT>>> Congrats on the double rep bars. ;)

Back
Top Bottom