pskill on windows xp home

k1ng666

Beta member
hey, I'm running a legit windows xp home ed. I have full admin access password protected.. I can't kill processes from task manager, or tskill command from dos. PSkill.exe also won't close any. I can only close those under my account, but any system, etc I can't close. I keep getting 'Access is denied'. anyone had this problem before?

ok, i got rid of it a while ago. im just wondering why i cant stop processes that are not under my account. i cant stop system, other users, etc processes.

Windows dosnt let you kill System and System idle

about the other process i dont know ive never had to do that becuse A) im on linux B) its my own computer

yes windows does. Before I reformatted I was able to kill many system files. I think there was only a handful that windows did not allow me to kill. I could even kill svchost.exe and lsass.exe and others. But now I can't shut down a single one.

yes windows does. Before I reformatted I was able to kill many system files. I think there was only a handful that windows did not allow me to kill. I could even kill svchost.exe and lsass.exe and others. But now I can't shut down a single one.

Why do you want to shut down so many processes ? to save on resources ? if you shut down too many of the svchost.exe , this will only result in a popup window that will freeze your computer & restart it.

Back
Top Bottom