Decisions Decisions?

Drain You

In Runtime
OK so heres my Dilemna, Im about ready to order the parts for my first build and these are my choices

AMD Athlon 64 3800+ Dual Core
1.5gigs of ram
No Name 550watt PSU

AMD Athlon 64 4200+ Dual Core
1gig of ram
No Name 550watt PSU

AMD Athlon 64 3800+ Dual Core
1gig of ram
550watt GOOD PSU

Aleady picked out a motherboard, Geforce 7600gt and everything else. My budgets tight right now so its gotta be one of these choices. If I end up using the Shitty PSU I got now (its an okia one, never heard of it) Ill end up saving for a good one in the near future.

Probably the last one.
I think the only difference between 3800+ and 4200+ is the 0.2Ghz increase in clock speed, which doesn't make a huge difference in performance, and if u want to it's going to be easy to oc that 3800+ to 2.2Ghz.

ok, I dont know anything about overclocking, Ill go with the 3800+ Dual Core then. Makes sense to me. I could always get more ram later on

Well, the Okia PSU might not be bad after all... I might just go with number 2 as it stands. Number 3 is probably the safer choice but I like to live on the edge. :)

Damn you Jamxx making me want to go with the 4200+ Dual Core, I think ill stick with the 3800+ Dual Core though, cause from what I read its easily overclocked to 4400+ speeds. So no point in risking it with a crap PSU

Back
Top Bottom