audio driver

defyinggravity

Beta member
ok I'm just going to say from the outset that i apologize if this question has been answered like a gazillion thousand times…. :rolleyes: :)

so Ive had my laptop for a good 2 years now. a couple days ago it got really infected with viruses, so I rebooted it, yada yada. so currently, my laptop (Dell, inspiron 2200) has windows xp professional on it, and I was also able to install a graphic driver (intel® media graphics accelerator) and a chipset. but basically every audio driver I've tried online either gives me an error during installation or isn't compatible with this computer. maybe I checking the wrong websites?? here's what I've tried thus far:

Yamaha, via, siss, realtek, Phillips, ess, creative labs, c-media, analog devices

i should also add that i'm a poor college student and i really cant afford to go out and buy one right now, so downloading from the web is probably my best bet. k, so really all I'm looking for is a specific audio driver that someone knows 100% will work with this computer and won't give any error messages. gracias

Ihuser- yeah....my uncle put this computer together for me, and he kept everything that came with it except for windows xp, which i have the cd for.

alvino- under the sound tab it says no sound card was found. the only chipset i have is Intel(R) 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset, which is listed under the display tab.

any suggestions?

Go to Intel's website and see if they have drivers. Your audio chipset is probably part of Intel's whole chipset logic.

Why not go to Dell.com and look up your service tag # and find your drivers that way? If anything ... look up the drivers for Dell Inspiron 2200 on Dell.com.

You guys are making this more difficult than it needs to be! Here's what I found: http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?

It appears to be a sigmatel driver.

BTW ... the link is specific for Dell Inspiron 2200 and actually has I believe ALL the drivers you actually would need. Imagine that ... all in ONE PLACE. The place? The manufacturer of your laptop DELL!

Back
Top Bottom