Recommended MP3 players?

Yeah, the iRiver Clix is pretty nice, but it is too small for my uses. I have about 13.93GB of videos and music in my 30GB Toshiba Gigabeat S. I listen to most of my music, and I usually watch or I've already watched all of my videos. It's just the iRiver Clix is too expensive to justify the 2GB size.

alvino said:
Haha, or you're just very lucky. ;)

My sister's 4th generation iPod (40GB) just got replaced for the FOURTH time, and she's never even dropped it once. It just always freezes up and stops working. If it wasn't for her warranty, she wouldn't even be using an iPod.

ive got a 20 gig.. this thing has been dropped hundreds of times (im clumbsy with expensive things, i can normally keep cheap things under control, but give me something expensive and i drop it.. lol). the ipod has been in a lake twice also, literally underwater. and that didnt stop it, the most damage that has been done is a crack to the LCD screen,but it still works, and if you put the contrast all the way up, you can still see whats going on.. but yeah, from my experience with the ipod, ive been VERY impressed with how resiliant and how well made it is.. this thing has been dropped from over 6ft before (i do weird things when drunk), and its still working fine, making the right noises and all.. either ive been lucky, your youve been unlucky.. ive had it about 3 years now, and the battery life is still okay, not as good as my zen sleek, but still okay

edit.. i do have to say the sound quality on the sleek is better, but it doesnt look as well made as the ipod, i think that if i dropped that in water, it wouldnt survive.. or even dropped it a few times

I've never worked out a reasonable place to use an mp3 player... been meaning to get one for my car but other than that I have no use for one really.

You have to be a train using kind of person really, I think. Cause you can't use earphones in a car properly, one your at the destination you look stupid listening to music while you're out and before the destination your at home and the computer plays music! :D

It's not bad. Supports tons of formats, the display is out of this world, but my only gripes is the design of the controls and Creative's problem with size.

That's why I got the Toshiba Gigabeat S. It's small (smaller than the iPod in length and width but a tiny bit thicker), looks awesome, has a very tactile control interface, and Microsoft's Portable Media Center OS is FANTASTIC. It looks nice and works wonderfully. The best part is the 30GB I bought cost about $266 off of Amazon.com. :D The only thing is that you have to convert all your media to WMA, WMV or JPEG. Oh and you have to use Windows Media Player 10, but it's not hard because when you sync, WMP10 automatically transcodes it into WMA/WMP as it's synching.

ces15_04.jpg

as yall may know, i would recommend the ipod of course. best in the world. tons of features that most players would never think about having.

Haha, sure...like those games that my cell phone has? :rolleyes: Where is the radio? Oh, I forgot...you'll need to buy a $20 attachment to enable that! :eek:

Apple makes good products, and they know how to milk all your money.

Back
Top Bottom