Upgrading my computer

Press Print Screen on your keyboard, then go to Paint and Tools, then Paste.

Save the image as a JPG or a PNG (takes up less space than a BMP), and then put it somewhere online like Photobucket (you'll have to register to get a free account).

Then just post the URL of the screenshot :)

Yeah, the RAM type you need to get is 184-pin, unbuffered, PC3200, at least 1GB, and preferrably a CAS latency of 2. Also, like I said, a processor upgrade would help too. You could do just the RAM; that may get the job done. But if you want to get everything at once, try to find a similar product to the one I said: the AMD Athlon 64 3400+ 754-pin Newcastle. This MUST be 754-pin, not 939, because if it's not it won't fit into your socket. Go for any Athlon 64 754-pin if you can't find the 3400+ Newcastle; should be a much better performance increase from your Sempron. If you can't find out whether it's 754-pin or not, ask us, or simply don't buy it.

That should get the job done, doesn't look like your router would be a problem at all. Like I said, if you want to save $$$ (or £££, whatever), then you can just get some RAM at the moment. Your processor shouldn't be a huge bottleneck. But in the case that it is, you'll need something similar to what I suggested.

Well, a little of everything would help. An AGP video card, the new processor and a 1GB memory. If the problem is only from the net, you can wire it with a 50 ft long cable or have a wireless amplifier in the stairs...and there's a lot of problem with the cements and other turbulances in house.

Back
Top Bottom