Freezing A hard drive

let me know how it goes, i am going to take mine apart when it starts to go, i'll tmp fix the read/write arm if i have to, then re seal it so it's air tight again. i have to work on the solutuion of doing that though.

Wait, so first we freez a cpu - chipsets and a video card now harddrivers :eek: whats next freez your psu? :rolleyes: :p

~mr mixx~ said:
let me know how it goes, i am going to take mine apart when it starts to go, i'll tmp fix the read/write arm if i have to, then re seal it so it's air tight again. i have to work on the solutuion of doing that though.

Hard drives are not airtight, they have a small filter so that they can release excess pressure caused by altitude and temperature changes.

i kind of figured that, since i saw that little warning on them saying do not cover this hole, but i was more or less agreeing with the air tight scenario

Kage said:
I'm pretty sure opening it up would kill it, since its meant to be kept air tight, which is one reason when I did it, as you lot told me, it wouldn't condense in there causing it to blow up :p
I have seen an open hard drive boot up before.. though it started freaking out once it got some dust on it after a couple days.

Back
Top Bottom