nVidea vs Ati

Chainer said:
Because I like nVidia, that's why! ;) Not biased, because I like ATI too. I just like nVidia better, but I am not 'crazy in love' with them. So, in essence I am not a 'fanboy.'

I don't need FACTS to like something.

Then why didn't you just plain-jane say that, "I like NVIDIA."

Instead, you compared the 7900 and the X1900 and because the 7900 had faster memory clock speeds, you said you wanted "only the best" and indirectly justified that as why you liked NVIDIA.

That's why I said you don't compare the two cards like that. It's because you don't. You have to compare the two by their architectures and see which one is designed for what. It's like that whole PS3 vs Xbox 360 thing where EVERYONE thought that the PS3 was the best because the Cell processor has 7 SPE cores even though no one even knew what the hell was a SPE core. I mean, it sounds like it's got lots of cores, so it ought to be fast, right? :rolleyes:

Faster is NOT always better ;) A GREAT example would be NetBurst. 7.2Ghz, no problem. Beat an A64 in gaming? There's a problem.

Haha, yeah. Intel took up AMD's strategy. I remember they scrapped the Pentium 5 because they decided that going with a processor that had stratospheric clock speeds but the same crappy architecture would do no good. :) Now look at Core 2 Duo after they took up AMD's idea. :p

I like both. They both make good cards in my opinion. Whichever one is the best bang for the buck is the one I'll get. I'm not too set on brands.

alvino said:
Then why didn't you just plain-jane say that, "I like NVIDIA."

Instead, you compared the 7900 and the X1900 and because the 7900 had faster memory clock speeds, you said you wanted "only the best" and indirectly justified that as why you liked NVIDIA.

That's why I said you don't compare the two cards like that. It's because you don't. You have to compare the two by their architectures and see which one is designed for what. It's like that whole PS3 vs Xbox 360 thing where EVERYONE thought that the PS3 was the best because the Cell processor has 7 SPE cores even though no one even knew what the hell was a SPE core. I mean, it sounds like it's got lots of cores, so it ought to be fast, right? :rolleyes:

LOL I hate Sony. I would probably have to say this may be the beginning of the end for them!

7900GTX = X1900XTX

but......

Quad-SLI Quadro Plex > all

/me ends thread :D (sarcastic tone)

i think that the 7900GTX and the X1900XTX have there ups and down and are about equale

im still sticking with mmy other ststement

and the evidence to support that the Quadro Plex > all? Put a X1900XTX up against the quadro in games, and lets see who wins :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom