use stock hsf for e6300

The HSF is perfectly stable - it has to be, its sold with the processor - but it will be loud. If you want a quieter one, I could suggest one.

the stock hsf should be decent, but getting a better hsf can never do any harm.
I'd just run it with the stock hsf, and then if the temps get too high (which probably won't happen if the hs is seated correctly) I'd buy another hsf.

The stock heatsink/fan should be rather quiet, considering it uses much less power than the Pentium 4 archetecture, and can be overclocked with standard heatsink/fans rather easily for that reason.

Still, An Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 wno't go a miss.

Kage said:
can be overclocked with standard heatsink/fans rather easily for that reason.

this hsf can be used for overclocking as well ?
wont the processor get too hot ?

Processor overheating is too worried about - you should be fine :) If it goes too high, just lower the volts a bit. Anyway, Intel's have overheating protection - they shut off if it gets too high, so it's hard to kill a processor by accident.

It uses alot less power than you may think, and so, the voltages can be raised higher.
Check temps all the time, but I'm pretty sure using the default heatsink, it'll be just as cool as an Athlon 64 when running, and that can be overclocked on most peoples cases, using the stock fan/heatsink.

Plus, I'm pretty sure, just like new heatsinks, it'll use copper piping to cool it even more.

Don't just take my word for it though. Check temps now when idle, and when the CPU's working hard, what do you get before an overclock has been applied?

Back
Top Bottom