Dell, Explosives, and a Laptoop

when I said five model I was refering to Insprion, lattitude, Precision, XPS... I realise that there were plenty of models...

and My information came direct from Dell.

(I remembere the dates wrong when I said 2001 -it's actually since 2004)...

From: Kelly_Fisher@dell.com [mailto:Kelly_Fisher@dell.com]
Sent: 16 August 2006 10:17
Cc: Steve_Fowle@dell.com; Kelly_Fisher@dell.com
Subject: WorldWide Battery Recall

Dear All,

I just wanted to ensure that you were all aware of the recent announcement regarding the battery recall - please see below full details on how you can identify if your battery has been effected.

Kind Regards
Kelly Fisher
Higher & Further Education
Public Sector
Tel: 01344 378843
Fax: 01344 376843

IMPORTANT SAFETY ADVISORY- Battery Recall

15th August 2006

Dear Customer,

Dell has identified a potential issue associated with certain batteries sold with Dell Latitudeâ„¢, Inspironâ„¢, XPSâ„¢ and Dell Precision Mobile Workstationâ„¢ notebook computers. In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and other regulatory agencies, Dell is voluntarily recalling certain Dell-branded batteries with cells manufactured by Sony and offering free replacements for these batteries. Under rare conditions, it is possible for these batteries to overheat, which could pose a risk of fire.

Potentially affected batteries were sold with the following models of Dell notebook computers or provided or sold separately as secondary batteries:

Latitude: D410, D500, D505, D510, D520, D600, D610, D620, D800, D810;
Inspiron: 6000, 8500, 8600, 9100, 9200, 9300, 500m, 510m, 600m, 6400, E1505, 700m, 710m, 9400, E1705;
Dell Precision Mobile Workstations: M20, M60, M70 and M90; and
XPS: XPS, XPS Gen2, XPS M170, and XPS M1710.

In addition, these batteries may have also been provided in response to service calls. The batteries were shipped to customers between April 1, 2004 and July 18, 2006. The words “Dell” and one of the following are printed on the batteries: “Made in Japan” or “Made in China” or “Battery Cell Made in Japan Assembled in China”.

We are notifying you because our records show that you may have received one or more of the notebook computers and/or battery packs affected by this recall. You should immediately discontinue use of the battery. You may continue to use your notebook computer safely by turning the system off, ejecting the battery, and using the AC adapter and power cord to power your system until your replacement battery is received.

Please go to www.dellbatteryprogram.com to determine if you have any batteries that are subject to this recall and to order the replacement batteries. Dell will provide a means for you to return the affected batteries for proper disposal. If you have additional questions not covered on the recall website, or cannot access the website, please call the Dell free phone number Free Phone 00800 3033 4044*,Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. local time. This is an international freephone number. Please verify that your company allows calls to international (toll free) 00 codes

Please note that only the described batteries are subject to this recall and not the notebook computers themselves.

Dell apologises for the inconvenience caused by this issue. Shipment of quality products as well as customer safety always has been and continues to be our foremost concern.

As always, if you have questions or concerns about this or any other subject, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Eric Greffier
EMEA Director of Client Products
Dell Corporation Ltd

Back
Top Bottom