Got a car

G35x said:
I mean, hes paying his dad back anyhow, so he couldve just got like a real old camry or a civic...Or something...ehh anyhow congrats..ohh how many miles are on it?

Alvino, what kind of bmw/yr?

It's a metallic grey 1993 BMW 325i. It's second hand, but my dad got it for a little more than $4,000. :D Worth it if you ask me.

alvino said:
It's a metallic grey 1993 BMW 325i. It's second hand, but my dad got it for a little more than $4,000. :D Worth it if you ask me.

Man, thats a sporty looking car; those 3 series.

1993, not bad at all.

AHHH, a good old Chevy Caprice station wagon. Man those things are tanks. Yeah it has a 5.0 motor which is the 305 V8, they have no balls sorry to tell you....lol It's going to be a huge gas hog though since it's going to have a carburator yet so be prepared for that.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good car and all, just don't expect much in the horsepower department...plus you're pulling an extremely heavy car.

But you can go nuts on the stereo system...lol

ArrizX said:
Lol stereo = love in that kind of car
Heck yeah, there's so much room you could put like 15 12 inch speakers in there and the amps to power them....lol

ArrizX said:
Man, thats a sporty looking car; those 3 series.

1993, not bad at all.

Yeah, I love the V6 inside it. The original owner replaced the muffler with a OEM one from the factory, but for some reason it just makes a louder noise, almost like the aftermarket ones. So it's really decieving, because the noise is loud and makes you feel like you're going faster than you really are. :p It's a great car though...handles very nicely and the stereo system is very good for a stock one (replaced the original radio with a cheap but nice Panasonic CD player/radio). For the $4,000+ my dad paid for it, I would say it was worth every penny. :D

Shiot man.. Get two 15''s. Thats what id do. Id stick two 6.5'' component sets in the front and sink two or even four more 6.5'' in the back and two 12'' or two 15''. I wouldnt think about a 10'' they dont get lowes like a 12 does.
Pfft... typical boy racer attitude...
look at the tech spec... typically 12" subs have a better range and frequency response than 15" subs... just because he has the room it doesn't necessarily mean that he has to fill it with speakers...

also because the car is so old I really doubt that the alternator is going to be up to supplying massive amps... so if he were to get a lot of large speakers he'd immediatly notice massive charge defecit on Bass notes.

(ever noticed when a car driven by a boy racer has it's headlights dip on the bass beats?)

I will never understand why people put so much money and time into making their car all fancy and putting nice stereos in it.. I only get in my car to get from point A to point B.. I just use a standard tape player stereo with an adapter to plug in my mp3 player and listen to whatever I want for the whole 10 minutes i'm driving, doesn't have the extreme bass people seem to think is so cool, but it sounds clear and loud - all I need.

I'll probably just get a used car for around $6,000-$8,000 that will last a few years.. getting a car with a highend engine seems so pointless.. i'd rather get a car with better miles to the gallon than horse power..

I intend to buy a nice sound system and sound card for my PC.. thats my idea of a good stereo for listening to music.

MikeReiner said:
I will never understand why people put so much money and time into making their car all fancy and putting nice stereos in it.. I only get in my car to get from point A to point B.. I just use a standard tape player stereo with an adapter to plug in my mp3 player and listen to whatever I want for the whole 10 minutes i'm driving, doesn't have the extreme bass people seem to think is so cool, but it sounds clear and loud - all I need.

Its not about what you like. Its about what the chicks like ;)

MikeReiner said:

I'll probably just get a used car for around $6,000-$8,000 that will last a few years.. getting a car with a highend engine seems so pointless.. i'd rather get a car with better miles to the gallon than horse power..

I intend to buy a nice sound system and sound card for my PC.. thats my idea of a good stereo for listening to music.
I like music...
for me a car stereo is all about being able to listen to what I want to listen to in the best possible quality [and at a reasonable volume]...
9/10 a stock stereo, or cheap stock speakers arn't going to cut it...

the trouble is that not all upgrades fulfill the categories

Back
Top Bottom