Audio driver help.

Andrewacks

Solid State Member
Somehow the audio drivers on my computer was deleted about a week ago. After spending many days downloading drivers and chipset drivers that were supposed to work, my sound still doesnt work. The audio driver I need is for Intel(r) 82801BA/BAM AC'97 Audio Controller. Anyone help? Heres my computer specs.

Chipset: Intel 845
Audio: Integrated Audio

What brand is your computer? HP, Dell, eMachines, Sony, etc.? Or maybe you built is yourself? If you bought it retail, usually if you go directly to the computer's website, they will have all the downloads you need including sound drivers for your particular model PC. Or you can just browse on your System Recovery CD and look for the AC'97 Audio drivers.

TRDCorolla said:
What brand is your computer? HP, Dell, eMachines, Sony, etc.? Or maybe you built is yourself? If you bought it retail, usually if you go directly to the computer's website, they will have all the downloads you need including sound drivers for your particular model PC. Or you can just browse on your System Recovery CD and look for the AC'97 Audio drivers.

I have an AOpen, I checked the site but the drivers didn't work. Weird.

Go to Device Manger (System, Hardware) and then Uninstall any audio drivers. Then click Install and see if Windows has them on Windows Update.

Ok, im just gonna start over.
When I went into device manager, my driver/hardware isn't present in the list and it is integrated audio, so no need to wonder if the hardware is present.
I went and extracted the ac97 file, but the only files are ich2aud(If you click it all you get is random crap) and ich2aud readme instructions(not useful). I went to add new hardware but there is no option for my hardware, and it cannot find it by itself. As for the my installation cd, I cannot find it in the motherboard box.

Figured it out. The integrated audio chip is actually broke, I can't solder or anything, and I don't wanna get a new mobo so im just gonna have to buy a new computer sense this one sucks anyways.

Back
Top Bottom