Vista RC1 IS A PUBLIC BETA NOW!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It won't let me download. It states, "Thank you for your interest in Windows Vista.

Access to this file is restricted to Customer Preview Program participants only. Please refer to your invitation email for access instruction."

Let me add on to the original post here:

Windows Vista Customer Preview Program

"The final major pre-release of Windows Vista—Release Candidate 1 (RC1)—is now available for priority access by Customer Preview Program (CPP) participants only. If you registered for this program in June, please look for a recent e-mail message from Microsoft (sent in early September) with information regarding RC1. If you are not registered but would like to receive Windows Vista RC1, the CPP will open to new participants in the coming weeks. Please check this site periodically for updates.

Customer participation and feedback are integral parts of our development process. Thank you for deciding to install and test RC1 and for being a critical part of the Windows Vista team!"

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/preview.mspx

Haha, too bad? o_O

I remember Ownage showed me this link a while back where you could register for the Windows Vista CCP and they would send you the Windows Vista Beta 2 (or was it RC1?) in a DVD and pre-packaged in a case. :) Still hasn't arrived yet, but usually that stuff always takes 6 weeks or more.

TRDCorolla said:
It won't let me download. It states, "Thank you for your interest in Windows Vista.

Access to this file is restricted to Customer Preview Program participants only. Please refer to your invitation email for access instruction."

Let me add on to the original post here:

Windows Vista Customer Preview Program

"The final major pre-release of Windows Vista—Release Candidate 1 (RC1)—is now available for priority access by Customer Preview Program (CPP) participants only. If you registered for this program in June, please look for a recent e-mail message from Microsoft (sent in early September) with information regarding RC1. If you are not registered but would like to receive Windows Vista RC1, the CPP will open to new participants in the coming weeks. Please check this site periodically for updates.

Customer participation and feedback are integral parts of our development process. Thank you for deciding to install and test RC1 and for being a critical part of the Windows Vista team!"

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/preview.mspx

To download it you needed to apply for the the Vista Customer Program in June. I did so I have no problem downloading :p

alvino said:
Haha, too bad? o_O

I remember Ownage showed me this link a while back where you could register for the Windows Vista CCP and they would send you the Windows Vista Beta 2 (or was it RC1?) in a DVD and pre-packaged in a case. :) Still hasn't arrived yet, but usually that stuff always takes 6 weeks or more.
I wish they would send me one :)

I haven't signed up darn it. It is by far the best Windows I have ever seen. Windows XP is good as far as reliability goes, but Windows Vista just looks good. Don't know on how stable it will be.

Am downloading it now, haven't had time to try the beta version, but I guess one of these days I will have a free weekend to play around with it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom