Best Possible Mobo/CPU/Graphics Card/Ram I can get for Around 500$

Go Socket 939 - you could grab a decent motherboard (Asus A8N-SLI), a 3700+, a GB of RAM and you'd be sorted :D

I was thinking he could get more out of the Socket 939 system also because I'm sure he can play BF2 just as good. But the Intel Core 2 Duo is cutting edge technology with DDR2 support which is something he has an interest in.

Well Ive been able to get some more money together so now im looking at a budget of 500$ for the CPU, GPU, and Mobo. Either a AMD 3800+ Dual Core or the AMD 4200+ Dual Core, or the Intel Core 2 Duo e6300 or the e6400. Im def going for the Geforce 7600gt card, (160$ and a 40 Mail in Rebate) and the motherboard ill have to decide after I decide on the Processor.

Yea the Processor and is one thing I dont want to skimp on, Guess Ill go for the e6400 then. I cant wait. Thanks for all the helps guys

Go for a E6300 - it's $50 or so cheaper, and you the amount of speed you lose won't be noticeable; if you're desperate for that speed, you could overclock it that tiny bit higher easily.

The extra money would allow you to get a decent motherboard - Core 2 Duo motherboards, at least the good ones, aren't cheap, and you really don't want to be skimping there. It's much easier to upgrade the CPU than the motherboard, so paying that bit more extra will set you up in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom